• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op food

emilye349

Has anyone had peanut butter? I was thinking of having peanut butter and wrap or brown pitta!! Just wondering if anyone had ever had?? :)

I'm 9 months post bypass, and I have peanut butter (1 teaspoon on half slice wholemeal toast) every now and then, and I'm ok with it. What surgery have you had? different stuff affects different people in different ways.

Hiya ive had the bypass but only 7weeks ago. Ive been experiencing problems where im not intrested in food so am thinking of foods that may encourage me to eat. Ive had half a crumpet lol :)

have you tried things like fish pie, cottage pie and stuff like that. are you on purees or normal food now? really important that you eat, should be getting in plenty of protein.

really its irrelevant that you arn't interested in food, your body needs it so you must eat the best nutrition you can. if you don't you will be setting yourself up for a whole host of problems. how about a bit on skinless chicken done in the oven? great protein and should be soft and juicy?

I know its important to get the protein thing is i put food to my mouth and gag then im sick. I'm better now but bored of beans and chilli and yoghurts and babybel light lol!! Im towards the end of soft food starting normal food next week. I like poached egg so have had that often and shepherds pie. I dont eat fish, i think thats what has put me off as i tried fish fingers and from then on felt funny! But am eating now :). Just thought peanut butter has protein in from the nuts so even if i had it on occasion as an interesting food lol!! Maybe even on a cracker. Do you eat ham shop brought? As i could have ham on a cracker or in a wrap

Sounds like you need to do some research as to the best sources of protein that you may like. Yes peanut butter does have protein in it from the nuts but it's more fat than protein so you would need a lot of it to get enough protein in from it, and more likely you would dump from the fat content, plus it's high in calories. If you don't eat fish then chicken or turkey are the best sources of protein that are lean. Ham is protein but again not as lean or as protein high as chicken/turkey. Maybe try quorn as high protein. I eat chicken, prawns salmon, pork, beef and lamb, but I'm further out than you so you will have to try things out when you get onto solid foods. Do some googling so you know the best sources of protein. I log all my food on my fitness pal so can see at a glance what calories and protein everything contains
try that, works for me.

Ahh thats a good idea actually! I have my fitness pal too! Thanks so much for your help/advice. I'm due my next check up Wednesday so will also discuss with them. Didnt think of turkey not a huge fan but will definitely try it :) thanks again x

Back