• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question - DIARRHOEA !!!!

poppyowner

Hi all

Am 4 weeks post op after Gastric Bypass and have found that whereas others seem to moan about Constipation - I have the opposite - DIARRHOEA !!!

This has started fairly recently - have been aiming to have all my foods under 5g sugars per 100g and under 5g fat per 100g but to up my protein it was suggested I add grated cheese to some meals - did this but end result = DIARRHOEA and more embarressingly severe WET FART!!!!! SO stopped having Cheese unless a cheese spread / triangles that were under 5g rule.
Then it was suggested I try having Peanut Butter on melba toasts as good for protein, checked label and found lowest possible for sugar and fat - had a VERY THIN barely there scrape on melba toasts today and yet again tonight - DIARRHOEA !!!!

Does anyone else seem to suffer Diarrhoea like this since Op? IF SO what do you find prevents / cures this?

I am now considering literally ONLY having items UNDER 5g Fats as well as sugars!!!!!

Jillx

Ive had it for 6 days now and yet ive stucked to the diet given to me from the hospital but i just see it as im losing more weight, not worried about it too much at the moment. im going to see my own doctor next week so i will mention it then. i hope yours clears up though.

You may be some of the few people who turn lactose intolarant after surgery.
I know phatmomma had the same problem after her op it only lasted a few weeks.
she cut out all dairy and used lacto free milk available in most supermarkets.
If I were you I'd get in touch with your dietitian
HTH

Best pnbutter is Whole Earth dearer but no added sugar and very nice on Ryvita crunch the one with raisins!For later not now Im 8 weeks.

whole earth peanut butter is DIVINE!

Oh dear. This is something I'm rather worried about. I already have a very tricky stomach and often have bouts of diarrhoeah, especially if I eat anything chocolatey from M&S. I think it's just too rich. Obviously I won't be eating that post op but I worry about having an accident whilst out and about.

Back