• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP PLEASE

PRINCESS GAIL

Hi i,ve been reading everyones storys so exciting
i,m new on here and just needed some info if any one has got any
i have been to the dietician to day and they said that the bypass would be the better option for me
then she asked me how i felt in my self which i thought that i would be honest like any other person and just tell them that i,m a bit down over my weight like any one
then she said that i might need a theripist consultation before surgery
i was gutted about that i thought that i would be honest a tell them how i feel and when she said that i feel a bit dishearted now has any one else been to see this theripist before :8855:any info will be great
sorry for being a pain just feeling dishearted at the moment when she said that

thanks

Hi Gail, left you a reply in the original thread - Paul xx

Copied it for you ;

Hi Gail
As you live in Durham area, can I suggest you try and get to the Support Meeting held monthly at Sunderland Royal (Chester Road entrance, Education Centre)
The next one is at 6pm on Thursday 30th September. (Lasts about two hours)
It is a nice, relaxed 'get together' of people at all stages of the WLS process. It is organised by Liz (on this site), who, like all the rest of the members, is extremely helpful & understanding.
If I can be of any further help, please get in touch either on site or at [email protected]

Regards

Paul xx

Last edited:
Sorry can't answer that question for you but wanted to say Hi and welcome to the site and good luck on your wls journey

hi hunni i havent as yet had to see a therapist tho some peeps would ague that i should ;) no seriously on a moe serious note its just to make sure your mentally prepared for surgery and that its absolutly the right choice fo you thats all sweetpea, nothing to be worried about! there s plenty hear who have been and im sure there ll be along soon to give fist hand advice...

good luck! x

thank you for your reply just it was so dishearting kelly when she mentioned the theripist
just wish it was here at least i know what surgery i,m having my next appointment in january they have give me a target wait to get to 6 and a i/2 pound so that should be no pro hopfully
this site is excellent for people like me who just need a bit support at the minute
thank you
not to sure what if i,m sending the messages right thou on the site
xx

hi. im having my 2nd appointment in dec and everyone has to see a psycologist at the hospital im having my op done at before there op, try not to let it worry you to much hun xx

Hi gail, I had to go to see someone to talk over my feeling and just to make sure i was ready mentally for the op. I know exactly how your feeling because i was really nervous about any trick questions so may have asked. Sometime honesty can back fire at a time like this. You will be fine though. She told me that if she thought that i was depressed or really stressed with life in general at home, then she would have suggested i take depression tabs and take 6 to 12 months out, to get my head right. Fortunately for me i didnt disclose anything much to her so i was fine and am on the waiting list now. How it goes well for you anyway x

Hi Gail and welcome to a wonderful site, you will get plenty of help and support here on your journey. Try not to worry hun seeing a therapist, as some peeps will tell you is all part of the process when having wls on the nhs and a lot of people on here have had to do it. Take up Paul's offer of attending the support group they are invaluable in giving you information and nothing better than having a chat with lovely people over a cup of tea! Good luck with your journey x

Hi Gail i don't know how the therapist works but i would say if your hospital wants you to see them then go for it. Accept every tool they throw at you love, it all helps in the end xxx

Thank you for your reply
just when your starting off you feel or though it,s just you who has to go threw this
and now i know that it,s not the case
feel so much better knowing that i,m not the only one who has had to do this
thank you so much

Back