• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op questions

NT1977

Hi all,

I have the most hideous tummy ache, is this normal?! I am very windy :eek: so trying to sip on the peppermint tea but this hurts more than my scars!!

Also how long did you wear surgical stockings for?! Will call hospital later to ask but they are getting on my nerves, I hate being all bound up to sleep!

Thank you!!

N x

Hi all,

I have the most hideous tummy ache, is this normal?! I am very windy :eek: so trying to sip on the peppermint tea but this hurts more than my scars!!

Also how long did you wear surgical stockings for?! Will call hospital later to ask but they are getting on my nerves, I hate being all bound up to sleep!

Thank you!!

N x

Wind is very normal and hurts so much more than I expected. I thought it was a heart attack! Check with your team of course, we can only tell you what we went through. Keep strong!

xxxxxx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi all,

Thank you!!

N x

Hiya, yeah the wind does hurt, I found walking around and stretching my arms up in the air helped, I wore my stockings for about 8 days in total, things will get better, hang in there, its worth it!

:):)

Thank you x

I only wore my stockings in hospital because I was up n about so didn't need , to ease the wind pain keep moving it best way to shift it

You really need to check with your provider regarding the stockings, and follow their guidelines, some have to wear only in hospital, some a few days, some up to 10 days, if you contact them, go with what they say :)

Have you taken anything for the wind at all? Deflatine? Windeze?

Thanks Kat, I did that and cause of the PE I have to wear them for 7 days whilst I am on clexine. Glad I called them

Have taken colpamine for my tummy which seems to have helped

X

Glad its helping a little, and its always good to check with them because its their guidelines and for your own situation, and the advice varies so much between providers, it can be a bit of a minefield.

If you find you have trapped wind, moving your arms around gently in a windmill motion can also help to shift it a little too - hope you continue to get better :)

Back