• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op Quiz!

Thought it would be fun to do, to get to know facts about everyone! Especially for curious newbies!! Join in so we can all learn about one another!! Just copy and paste the below into a reply and fill in your answer!

Type of WLS:

Private or NHS:

Start weight:

Goal weight:

Item of clothing you are/were most excited to wear:

Everyday task you can't/couldn't do before WLS:

Best compliment you have had after WLS:

Best part of WLS:

Worst part of WLS:

Advice to new people:

Bypass
NHS
Approx 28 stone
Not set one!
Not an item as such but slipping into a size 18/20 top and jeans is a day I will never forget
Been able to walk without having to stop to catch my breath / going Zumba and taking part not just shuffling along
When people I've not seen for a while walk pass me because I no longer stand out in the crowd, for me that's a compliment
Fighting the head hunger demons,would have given in to it in the past,have to really work at it
Do your research! Research research! Read the blogs on here talk to your team no question is daft WLS won't solve all your problems but certainly goes a long way with sorting the body out the head may take a little long and ps you may need to learn to love the excess skin!

Last edited:
Type of WLS: sleeve 22/8/2015

Private or NHS: private uk

Start weight: 112.4kg currently 88kg

Goal weight: don't have a goal weight , I guess about 11 stone, bmi of 27.5 I'd my goal.

Item of clothing you are/were most excited to wear: I am looking forward to buying and wearing a ball gown next July.

Everyday task you can't/couldn't do before WLS: lots of stairs made me knee hurt, I can do loads now!

Best compliment you have had after WLS: I didn't recognise you!

Best part of WLS: it gives you a big push and helping hand to lose weight

Worst part of WLS: eating outside of the home, much more difficult to control it and make the right choices

Advice to new people: plan your food every day and calculate totals, weigh only on a set weigh day, track your weight and body measurements, do 10000 steps every day, do not do too much too soon after surgery. Be proud of having surgery, it is not something to be ashamed of.

Type of WLS: Gastric Sleeve

Private or NHS: Private with Healthier Weight

Start weight: 23 stone 5 lbs

Goal weight: 10 stone 7lbs - maybe - depends if I get to a size that I'm happy with

Item of clothing you are/were most excited to wear: Looking forward to wearing a Rockabilly dress

Everyday task you can't/couldn't do before WLS: Already finding it easier to get upstairs!

Best compliment you have had after WLS: You're looking great - keep up the good work

Best part of WLS: Seeing the weight drop off

Worst part of WLS: Not knowing what food will go down!

Advice to new people: It's the most positive step you can take towards the new you.

Type of WLS: Mini Bypass

Private or NHS: Private - Spire, Southampton

Start weight: 19st 4lbs (currently 17st 4lbs)

Goal weight: I don't have one. I'd like to get to a healthy body fat %

Item of clothing you are/were most excited to wear: Being able to buy a pair of knee length wellies that fit my calfs (sorry, I'm really not a fashionista! lol)

Everyday task you can't/couldn't do before WLS: I'm only in my 4th week after surgery so at the moment it's more the things I could do before surgery (like regularly walk 7-10 miles) that I can't do currently as I'm not far out of surgery.

Best compliment you have had after WLS: Haven't had any! lol. I get told I'm looking tired quite a lot though.

Best part of WLS: Not feeling any hunger, not having head hunger so not having a constant mental battle over what to eat and not eat.

Worst part of WLS: For me it was the pain the first night after the op and not being able to get comfy in bed for the first week or so.

Advice to new people: Just do your research on the type of op and, if you're going private, your surgeon. Listen to what your provider tell you; don't think "Oh I'm sure it'll be alright if I just...." because there's a reason they give you the advice they do.

Type of WLS: Bypass

Private or NHS: Private

Start weight: 22st 7lbs

Goal weight: 10st 7lbs (but I've not maintained very well as I'm now 10st 2lbs)

Item of clothing you are/were most excited to wear: Basque

Everyday task you can't/couldn't do before WLS: Paint/cut my toenails

Best compliment you have had after WLS: You never used to be fat??

Best part of WLS: Shopping in *normal* shops

Worst part of WLS: Nothing at all

Advice to new people: Go for it!!

Type of WLS: BAND
Private or NHS: PRIVATE WITH HW
Start weight: 20st 12 was 24st at my heaviest
Goal weight: 12st
Item of clothing you are/were most excited to wear: my joe brown jeans
Everyday task you can't/couldn't do before WLS: nothing. I was quite good at being fat
Best compliment you have had after WLS: I don't take compliments well, I actually get fed up of hearing compliments now. I particularly hate 'did you intend to loose weight or are you I'll?'
Best part of WLS: buying normal sized clothes
Worst part of WLS: how it messes with your head
Advice to new people: be prepared for 'journey' it's tough. Try to celebrate your achievements not your failings

Thought it would be fun to do, to get to know facts about everyone! Especially for curious newbies!! Join in so we can all learn about one another!! Just copy and paste the below into a reply and fill in your answer!
Type of WLS: band to bypass revision
Private or NHS: private
Start weight: 15 St
Goal weight: 9 St 5 (I am 9st 8)
Item of clothing you are/were most excited to wear: wedding dress
Everyday task you can't/couldn't do before WLS: play with my children
Best compliment you have had after WLS: all compliments are great!
Best part of WLS: confidence
Worst part of WLS: when it goes wrong
Advice to new people: stick to the rules

Great thread WD

Type of WLS: Band

Private or NHS: NHS

Start weight: Heaviest 23.2

Goal weight: 10.7 (fingers crossed)

Item of clothing you are/were most excited to wear: Everything to begin with :) now its nice boutique stuff....am not a run of the mill kinda gal lol

Everyday task you can't/couldn't do before WLS: Could barely walk 300 steps ........ so walking!!!! now try and stop me :)

Best compliment you have had after WLS: You didn't need a band LOL

Best part of WLS: Getting my life back.....for many years I thought it was over :(

Worst part of WLS: hmmm getting used to life after wls....

Advice to new people: Do your research.....follow the rules..... don't be fooled into thinking its a magic wand......its hard work...... it will take over your life !!!

Type of WLS: RNY Bypass

Private or NHS: Private

Start weight: 27.1 (I think)

Goal weight: I don't really have one... a BMI <25 would be nice but I won't cry if I don't lose 100% EWL

Item of clothing you are/were most excited to wear: I have cracked out the wool skirt which was a big deal. I still want a wool dress I can wear, it's so hard finding one that hides the knees! Oh also calf boots. Why haven't my calves shrunk?!

Everyday task you can't/couldn't do before WLS: I think I could do everything, I just was scared to/didn't want to in case I was embarrassed. I was always scared of car seat belts. I still kinda am.

Best compliment you have had after WLS: I HATE the compliments. I don't want anyone saying anything about the weight loss - either they mean I was hideous before or I'm only somehow worthy of attention now. I'm really not interested in people who think more of me now. I refuse to thank people for saying "You've lost weight!" because what am I thanking them for? Having eyes? I can't wait to move away and start again (when I'm 'finished') with strangers who don't know I lost loads of weight :)

Best part of WLS: Well I'm still only almost 5 months out so perhaps I'm not qualified but so far..... the CLOTHES the HEELS the fact that there's some point in putting some effort into my appearance now. I know it sounds shallow but I've always been told I'm a great person to shop with because I can put great outfits together, I just have never dressed myself like that because of my size. Now I'm getting there, I want to be a fashionista one day!

Also feeling I can be part of things more now. I even imagined myself going to a club the other day. Not that it would happen, I'm just saying if my friends were going I would probably go too now!

Worst part of WLS: family meals, skin, hair loss (although it has got worse, the issue started due to PCOS. I'm now 3 TOTM in a row so fingers crossed that's being reversed!)

Advice to new people: Do it! I personally haven't had any of the emotional issues or owt but I wasn't an emotional eater anyway. I just wanted volume. Now I find eating a bit of a chore to be honest and it's so nice that that thing I have been fixated on all of my life is no longer of any consequence to me.

Type of WLS: RNY Bypass Private or NHS: Private Start weight: 27.1 (I think) Goal weight: I don't really have one... a BMI <25 would be nice but I won't cry if I don't lose 100% EWL Item of clothing you are/were most excited to wear: I have cracked out the wool skirt which was a big deal. I still want a wool dress I can wear, it's so hard finding one that hides the knees! Oh also calf boots. Why haven't my calves shrunk?! Everyday task you can't/couldn't do before WLS: I think I could do everything, I just was scared to/didn't want to in case I was embarrassed. I was always scared of car seat belts. I still kinda am. Best compliment you have had after WLS: I HATE the compliments. I don't want anyone saying anything about the weight loss - either they mean I was hideous before or I'm only somehow worthy of attention now. I'm really not interested in people who think more of me now. I refuse to thank people for saying "You've lost weight!" because what am I thanking them for? Having eyes? I can't wait to move away and start again (when I'm 'finished') with strangers who don't know I lost loads of weight :) Best part of WLS: Well I'm still only almost 5 months out so perhaps I'm not qualified but so far..... the CLOTHES the HEELS the fact that there's some point in putting some effort into my appearance now. I know it sounds shallow but I've always been told I'm a great person to shop with because I can put great outfits together, I just have never dressed myself like that because of my size. Now I'm getting there, I want to be a fashionista one day! Also feeling I can be part of things more now. I even imagined myself going to a club the other day. Not that it would happen, I'm just saying if my friends were going I would probably go too now! Worst part of WLS: family meals, skin, hair loss (although it has got worse, the issue started due to PCOS. I'm now 3 TOTM in a row so fingers crossed that's being reversed!) Advice to new people: Do it! I personally haven't had any of the emotional issues or owt but I wasn't an emotional eater anyway. I just wanted volume. Now I find eating a bit of a chore to be honest and it's so nice that that thing I have been fixated on all of my life is no longer of any consequence to me.

You sound like me!!!

Back