• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op... toilet talk (sorry!)

Pip1

Well... Im now day 6 after my bypass... I do not regret it... best thing Ive done ever - weight is falling off (lost nearly 2 stones on the milk diet too!)... but my.. the last 48hrs have been - in a word... exhausting!!!!

On day 4 I felt I needed a poo... nothing much was happening, then I got real pain and discomfort, I had a real hard stool which wouldnt pass. I was reminded of the lines in the "Good Life" about the "Oooh-Ahhh bird laying square eggs". I had to see my GP to get a prescription anyway and had a chat. She seemed completely unaware of what a bypass meant - she couldnt understand why I needed the anti-acid tablets that dissolve in your mouth??? She even suggested I could take Fybogel, which when I called the hospital - they said NO! - try natural remedy first.

Anyhow - some tinned prunes (in natural juice) and apples pureed etc... and about a litre and a half of water, did the trick and Im pleased to say eventually after a lot of tears and numerous trips to the loo - nature finally did the trick!

This morning - the day after, Im afraid I now on the other extreme - braking wind a lot and sadly loose bowels... but no pain! Im hoping it will settle soon as I cant wander too far away from home!!!

I hope anyone else going through this will at least be of some comfort that there is light at the end of the tunnel - literally!!!

oo er!,bet you don't know weather to giggle and.... you might .... and giggle!(you can fill in the blanks!)

I left it until it was impacted and wouldn't shift, ended up taking movicol to soften things up. It was bad enough that I strained my back and ended up taking painkillers - didn't need them for my wounds at that point, just for my bum!

Glad that things are moving for you:)

Back