• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post surgery food

mollythedogsmum

Hi everyone. I've got my pre assessment tomorrow but I'm looking more and more into what I can and can't eat post surgery and I'm having a nightmare. I don't want to go down the unsociable route but can anyone tell me if I will be restricted to foods?

mollythedogsmum said:
Hi x I'm having a band x I'm reading about dumping and it is scaring the pants off me

Dumping happens with the bypass op,sometimes a sleeve..never heard of it happening with a band x

Hi

I've lost 8 stone,was a size 26 now 12/14.
I can eat quite normal,just bread,pasta,rice and sometimes meats are hard as get stuck and uncomfy.

Wow x well done x x I've known I've wanted this for over a year and now I'm going into panic mode with questions :-/ pre op assessment tomorrow

mollythedogsmum said:
Wow x well done x x I've known I've wanted this for over a year and now I'm going into panic mode with questions :-/ pre op assessment tomorrow

There's plenty of banders on here,just ask away all your questions.

good luck for preassessmant xxx

You may find that there are some foods that you cannot tolerate because of your band, but you will learn what they are over time and it may vary according to the level of restriction that you have. It also depends on what your provider says you should or shouldn't be having. Mine enables us to eat any foods that we wish, however, Im limited to a certain amount of cals per day, and from personal choice limit my carbs with a high protein diet as it aids weight loss. The only thing I have struggled with so far is pork, but other than that, I haven't encountered any problems and although I've had 2 fills I have yet to find restriction from my band.

PLease don't worry, while things may change, there isn't a whole long list of foods that you won't be able to eat, but a lot of it is down to your own personal choices for healthy eating and losing weight moving forward

Back