• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A week post op

becky2123

I'm a week post op today and can officially move on to puréed foods!!

I'm really worried in gonna put on wright as I've lost 25lb so far and don't want to ruin it.

My band is empty and I don't feel remotely restricted almost like there is no band!

Any suggestions on good foods to purée??

Becky x

Hello becky2123
im on the puree stage ive been having shepards pie fish pies spag bol cheesy mash mince all with extra gravy or sauce I need to spice it up a bit has it can be a bit boring meaning the texture been told I can have some tinned fruit without the juice as that will be soft
forgot to add fish in sauces

I will be starting pureed in another week and so was interested what to puree. I think I will also do the shepherds Pie and Fish in sauce. Good Luck with your transition to food

Becky, were you told how much puree to have?

If it helps I was told to build up to around 4-5 tablespoons. I could eat nowhere near that much though.

I loved this stage and had mash with parsley sauce, cheese sauce and as the others have said fish pie etc are good but you might want to thin them down a bit.

Enjoy xx

I'm a week post op today and can officially move on to puréed foods!!

I'm really worried in gonna put on wright as I've lost 25lb so far and don't want to ruin it.

My band is empty and I don't feel remotely restricted almost like there is no band!

Any suggestions on good foods to purée??

Becky x

Good luck with your transition to food x

Good luck with your new foods :) I can't wait to have something apart from milk and yoghurt haha!! Xxx

Can you have any foods (I am a chef by trade) so I have a lot of mash style recipes

But Swede, potato, carrot, sweet potato, braised meats tend to mash well.

good luck

Thanks everyone,

No ones said how much I should have!

I went for puréed cauliflower cheese today and prob had about 5 tablespoons and it went down fine but it's quite fatty tho x

Back