• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Surgery Shopping

GlasgowJJ

Hi Everyone ! :)

Well tomorrow is the big day :D:D:D:D & im going to do a shop tonight so i have the correct things in the house for me coming home !!
Can anyone give me ideas what to buy for the liquid stage after my gastric sleeve!

I had a list but my heads all over the place and ive lost it and forgotten what i had on it !

Hi Everyone ! :)

Well tomorrow is the big day :D:D:D:D & im going to do a shop tonight so i have the correct things in the house for me coming home !!
Can anyone give me ideas what to buy for the liquid stage after my gastric sleeve!

I had a list but my heads all over the place and ive lost it and forgotten what i had on it !

Hi JJ

How exciting, hope tomorrow goes well. Looking forward to hearing an update.

As for a shopping lists, I basically just had weight watchers hearty vegetable broth blended and milky coffees with 2 teaspoons of skimmed milk powder for extra protein. I think some people have no added sugar drinks like orange, but I prefer water. I had the odd no added sugar jelly pot too. Good luck :)

Oh JJ, your op time has crept is so fast. Not mich time for shopping left now :D

Soups
Marvel
Milk
SF jelly & SF custard
Protein drinks

Best of luck for your op tomorrow, I will eb thinking of you. X

Thanks everyone !
Will keep you all posted on my outcome :)

Will get them from Asia :)
What's Marvel? Lol I'm clueless
Time has flew in can't believe it's here ! Xx

Asia? Marvel? :confused: I'm confused too :D

Good luck again hun x :)

Asia? Marvel? :confused: I'm confused too :D Good luck again hun x :)

lolol marvel I'm still confused about !
Asia should have been asda blinking autocorrect !

Thanks love xxx

Thanks love xxx

Oh god, I'm so thick, should have got that it was Asda. I was pretty sure you wouldn't have time to fly to Asia before tomorrow :D:p xx

Marvel is dried skimmed milk powder, you can use it boost protein content of things.

Good luck tomorrow, see you on the other side

Lynn x

Marvel is dried skimmed milk powder, you can use it boost protein content of things.

Good luck tomorrow, see you on the other side

Lynn x

Does this really work Lynn, do you just add to normal milk drinks or can you add it to other things to boost protein. I had never heard of doing this , however I am old enough to know about Marvel ha ha x

Thanks love xxx

Good luck for tomorrow Glasgow and I hope you managed to get your shopping done x

Oops I should have been clearer about Marvel, most supermarkets will have their own brand of skimmed milk powder. Yes you can add it to soups and milk drinks to up the protein. I used it after my band op.
Good luck, and send that man of your out shopping if need be ;)

Ah I've never heard of it. I've just used tesco skimmed milk powder :) Thanks for clarifying what Marvel was........mystery solved :D

Mystery solved ! Shopping note for that left for the hubby :)

Absolutely terrified now ! Bought some kalms to take the edge off !

Will see you all on the other side - losers bench coming for yah !
???

Oh blimey just checked the tesco milk powder and it's quite high too. :eek: It's on my hospital handout to add 4-5 tablespoons to a pint of milk to fortify it. I only add two teaspoons to 200mls (a mugful)for a milky coffee. Been ok so far but I'll have to watch that. Thanks for pointing it out.

We're all shifting up on the losers bench JJ. Deep breaths, you'll be fine :) xx

Oh blimey just checked the tesco milk powder and it's quite high too. :eek: It's on my hospital handout to add 4-5 tablespoons to a pint of milk to fortify it. I only add two teaspoons to 200mls (a mugful)for a milky coffee. Been ok so far but I'll have to watch that. Thanks for pointing it out.

We're all shifting up on the losers bench JJ. Deep breaths, you'll be fine :) xx

Just to say on the subject of the sugar content, it is exactly the same as a pint of skimmed milk. I have 2 milky drinks a day (cup is 300mls) and MFP records 15g sugar for each cup.

Lynn x

Hope your surgery went well. Xxxx

Surgery went well I'm officially on the losers bench :)
Bad reaction to anesthetic meant a hellish first night :(
But getting there and sipping away :) xx

Back