• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pot of Gold

phatgirl

This dessert/protein snack is yummy & good for you!

Ingredients:
Cored & peeled apples (I used 2, you can use up to 4)
Sultanas (I used a large handful)
Diced nuts (I used pecans, 2-3 tbsp, any nut you like will do)
Margerine (2tbsp)
Birds custard powder (2tbsp)
Splenda & brown sugar splenda
Cinnamon (to taste, I used 1/2 tsp)
Nutmeg (to taste, I used 1/8 tsp)
Vanilla Extract (to taste, I used 1tsp)
Vanilla protein powder (1 scoop)
Milk (500 mils)

Dice your apples. Put apples, magerine, tablespoon of brown sugar splenda, spices vanilla extract, & nuts in a pan and saute them for 5-8 minutes until the apples are cooked but not mush. Let fruit mixture cool. Divide the fruit into ramekins (fill halfway), I made 5.

Put 2tbsp of custard mix in to a measuring cup, add a splash of milk to form a paste. Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a tbsp of regular splenda, add a dash of vanilla extract. Bring the remaining milk to a gentle boil, remove from heat and add to the custard paste, combine. Return the custard mixture to the hob and heat (stirring all the while) until it starts to bubble & thicken.

Pour the thickened custard over the fruit mixture. Allow to set in the fridge for at least an hour and as much as 3 days. Serve with a spray of light whip.

This is not my recipe, but the recipe of a genius, I just adapted it to the UK. Here is a link to her blog:

theworldaccordingtoeggface

Enjoy!

Update, made another batch but was out of sultanas. So, I added some fruit & fibre cereal (bran flake, bits, banana chips, raisins) and it tastes great plus adds a bit of fiber!

Back