• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

'Pouch Rules for Dummies' Informational Post

I use the sweetener on my porridge but on nothing else Not felt the need to snack yet

i have ordered this book and a couple of others which should arrive tomorrow :) will have some good recipes to add to the sticky as a result, plus just reading this again i realised i am now using artificial sweetner again and althoguh i do not feel hungery as its only just under 5 weeks since the op this could be why i am wanting to 'snack'.... any suggestions for alternatives as its for pepermint tea

I know some of the vlcd diets say to only use sweetener in the tablet form, not the granualated as they do something to the powder to stop clogging and this causes the cravings if I read the post right so maybe you could try the pills instead????

very interesting Nic, I will have to remember the water loading. x

i have both will try and stick to the pills although thats all i use in the peppermint tea :p so will see may be it was just an off day and i felt i was snackng more then i was...

That article is a great resource. Thank you so much for posting it. This time next week I'll be in theatre having my sleevie, so this thread will really come in handy. I've copied it to my documents.

Just bumping this for any newbies out there, I keep going back to it and reading all the rules. It helps me stay on the path!!

This should be a sticky.

Yep. Go for it Red

Wow PG
[FONT=&quot]What a treasure you are. I'd vaguely heard about water loading but had been completely unable to appreciate its significance. I’ve copied it for future reference so I can inwardly digest as there’s an awful lot to take in there.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of my biggest concerns about having this op is not being able to drink enough water. I currently drink gallons; rarely leave the house without a couple of litres of iced water. I’m still worried about the post prandial intake, I will miss that hugely. I’m getting a head ache just thinking about it.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PS I’m sure you’ll all be delighted to know ,we just set up our new wide thingy monitor and at a stoke everyone has lost at least 5 stone and look tall and thin.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Yeah, I agree. This post just doesn't sink in on one reading. You do need to go back and have look as you get on. As for water, at 5+ months I can drink a fair bit of water no problem. I can get my 2L a day in without much worry so it will eventually regulate post-op.

LOL. I need one of those things, I wanna look 5 stone less all the time. I would carry it around with me, lol.

Nic:p

This post is fantastic - thanks PG - I am reading it and re-reading it with my OH and I am going to print it out at work tomorrow and keep it there fore future reference! Thanks again!!

I have re-read this post again...it is so full of helpfull information....so thanks Nic...also a little bump up x

Wow! That is really interesting reading. There's an awful lot that I had absolutely no idea about. I can see myself scratching my head over what to do for a long time yet. Thanks x

This is a great post dont know any thing like this for band......Any more tips re the band surfaced yet that i may have missed ?
Mia

Thanks so much for that, it has things I had never even thought of before and lots to think about. It all sounds so complicated and I am quite scared now about how to eat post bypass!!

Back