• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op assesment

sally1

Hi, I'm new to this group. I'm having surgery at SRH eventually pinned them down to a date 28/1.
Does anyone know when the pre op asses usually is? I've still got no info on Pre surgery diet either or when I should start it!
Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this group. I'm having surgery at SRH eventually pinned them down to a date 28/1. Does anyone know when the pre op asses usually is? I've still got no info on Pre surgery diet either or when I should start it! Thanks
Hello Sally and good luck for the 28th! It all varies quite a lot so you should probably call them. pre op appointments can be as late as one week before and the diets vary from the milk diet to the 800-1000 cal food diet and you may be asked to do it for a max of one month to as little as two weeks. Sorry I can't be more help, but others on here work within the hospital system so may be able to give you more help. But as say I suggest contacting your surgeons team as soon as. And welcome to the group you will find there are lots of lovely people here x

Also if you search for the 'January 2015 surgeries' board a lot of us due our ops are on there sharing thoughts, worries and excitement so join in if you like x

Hi, I'm new to this group. I'm having surgery at SRH eventually pinned them down to a date 28/1.
Does anyone know when the pre op asses usually is? I've still got no info on Pre surgery diet either or when I should start it!
Thanks

Welcome Sally!
I am at SRH too. Well done on getting a date! Not be long now. I think the pre op assessment is usually only a few days before. I have my second apt with the Bariatric nurse in a couple of weeks where hopefully I have met my weight loss target. Can I ask you? At this apt did you see the surgeon? Just want it sorted now! Good luck! x

Hi at my appointment with the nurse I only saw him and the dietitian then at my appointment 3 months later I saw Doc.
I'm terrified they will cancel last minute due to bed shortages but hopefully not!!

Hello sally
welcome to a fabulous band (!) Of merry folks
Like its already been said each area seems to do their pre assessment different so its difficult to advise all I can suggest you do is as already said look up the "January thread" on here or speak with your team
good luck with everything

Hi, yeah I seen consultant at the second appointment then I was listed for endoscopy. Received all info on Pre op diet today!! Finally feels real

Hi, yeah I seen consultant at the second appointment then I was listed for endoscopy. Received all info on Pre op diet today!! Finally feels real

Oh brilliant. So excited for you! Not long now! Good luck Sally x

Thanks

Hi Sally

Good luck. I have my second appointment at SRH next week. Just trying to work out next steps. How far apart were your appointments? Sorry for all the questions!

Good luck for today xx

Last edited:
It's took me 15 months in total but I had to rearrange a few appointments due to holidays and my wedding so not sure sorry I can't help with exact times, a friend of mine is having her op soon and it's only 2 weeks after her endoscopy x

Back