• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op assessment at St Richards

Spikeyjaycee

Just wondering.......when you get your date for the pre-op, is it a phone call or a letter?
At the moment I'm going potty racing to see the post every afternoon (whatever happened to post with your breakfast eh?) and checking the phone when I get home from work to see if there's a message!!!
I can't remember if I gave the hospital my mobile number or just my home phone......:17729:

And the reason for the smiley is that I've started on the chocolate again because I am frstrated at not hearing anything!!! I even emailed Christine on 4 Sept and have not had the courtesy of a reply...ARGH!!!!!!

Hiya Julie, you can join Karen and I...the pre-op comes as a phonecall. Christine will call you on a Monday (to save you rushing to the post everyday!!) and she will give you the pre-op appt and surgery date all at that point then a confirmation letter will be sent out. So if you don't hear on a Monday then its no go for one more week. Hope that alleviates some stress for the moment! xxxx

Hiya Julie, you can join Karen and I...the pre-op comes as a phonecall. Christine will call you on a Monday (to save you rushing to the post everyday!!) and she will give you the pre-op appt and surgery date all at that point then a confirmation letter will be sent out. So if you don't hear on a Monday then its no go for one more week. Hope that alleviates some stress for the moment! xxxx

Hi Laura,

The call doesnt always come on a Monday. Mine call arrived on a Thursday, but in saying all that, there was a message left for me on Wednesday on my landline, but mine is one of those phones that you don't know has a message left on it until you go to make a phone call - I didnt make calls until Thursday and there was a message sitting there from Wednesday from Christine, so, my call was really a Wednesday (gosh, can you follow all that - clear as mud isn't it? lol)

got my phone call wed pm and it was 12 weeks b4 op.
Think i was exception though.
Was told about pre op at same time which was 2 weeks b4 surgery.
Hope you hear soon

i think i'm giving up hope of getting a date for this year, feeling frustrated and tired of it all. just want to get on with life. wish i cud forget about for 5 minutes. everything i read is really hearsay as thats what i heard about the phonecall only being a monday then i saw teapot had got her call on a wednesday and now serenity on a friday. dont know what to believe anymore. apparently non-elective surgery isn't carried out at st richards in december but still not sure how accurate that is. i so wanted it done before christmas dont ask me why but nevermind if its next year its next year just so sick of waiting and i know im in a long queue of people who feel the same. how long did u wait in the end teapot? u must be relieved :) will just carry on with life and try and keep my head up high xxx

That's a really good way to think about it. This is for the whole of the rest of your life and whether it's before Christmas or after Christmas doesn't matter in the span of things. But I totally understand your wanting it done before Christmas so that you don't get the chance to over-eat over the festive period. Fingers crossed.

i think i'm giving up hope of getting a date for this year, feeling frustrated and tired of it all. just want to get on with life. wish i cud forget about for 5 minutes. everything i read is really hearsay as thats what i heard about the phonecall only being a monday then i saw teapot had got her call on a wednesday and now serenity on a friday. dont know what to believe anymore. apparently non-elective surgery isn't carried out at st richards in december but still not sure how accurate that is. i so wanted it done before christmas dont ask me why but nevermind if its next year its next year just so sick of waiting and i know im in a long queue of people who feel the same. how long did u wait in the end teapot? u must be relieved :) will just carry on with life and try and keep my head up high xxx
hi only said about december other day as thats what i was told.

Back