• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre-op diets for diabetics

phatmomma

Hi i've been reading about you all on your pre-op diets and how its all about protein...

When i went for my new patient appointment at my gp's the nurse was telling me the delights of whats to come when your overweight (don't laugh please, like i don't know?). Anyhow we chatted about how i was fed up been at this size with all the benefits that come with been obese and slim. Her advice to me was to cut down and exercise (i know, what a breakthrough in medical science, wish i'd thought of that one myself) but then she said something which is making me think about the pre-op diet.

She said "normally i'd say cut out carbs but as your diabetic i wont". Does anyone have any idea why i shouldn't cut out carbs? Only asking because as i said there is always mention of protein pre-op diets.

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Walsall Manor will advise you on the best pre op diet for you if they don't its best to ask at your pre op. I think they normally prefer you to do the calorie controlled diet rather than the milk diet.

Back