• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op Assessment. SRH.

laurajlucy

I have my pre-op this Wednesday (21st) at Srh. 11am.
Anyone got any advice?
Anyone there aswell?
Really starting to feel real now :D
Cannot believe after all the waiting (18 months), It is all happening so quick. I go in Sat avo and I should of had my Bypass by this time next week!!!
Ohhh, what do you suggest I pack? xxx:)

mazbrad

hiya , not long now. it gets so exciting at this stage , almost over now and the new you is on the way out, pre asses ... you go in speak with nurse who asks few ??? like are u well etc thenyou get wieghed again on the scales in ward .you have blood pressure check, ecg, blood test dun, and u have to do 2 swabs for mrsa . they lovely at pre asses. things to take to hossie. i took...

2 pjs . or nighties dressing gown
toothpaste n brush
tolietries
towel
change of clothes to come home in
slippers
and a good book
lipsil

Last edited:

happy days

Ooh so exciting, I remember my run up bet you just can't wait to be done. You only need basics for Hosp, I personally cudnt be bothered to read or listen to I pod etc after the op. The best piece of advice I can give you is when they come to measure you for your stockings tell them you want short ones as the longer ones are not really needed and they roll down and hurt really bad.