• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Could it be the time of the month?

sukies

Hi all, well im 4 months post op and ive lost just over 5 stone but the last 2 weeks ive been having stomache pains and back ache and the odd blood spots in my knickers and when i wipe but nothing full on. i know some of you are thinking well that's a period but i have psos and ive never had a full on period for years, ohh in fact for 4 years i had nothing. anyway i had weighted myself like i do every saturday and in a week i had put on a stone....like the saying goes "the scales never lie" im gutted!!! i have now for the first time got a full on period and im very heavy. so what im asking is does anyone eles have this problem and what is the average weight gain during a period. just can't get my head around this...plzzzzzzz help!!!!:cry:

hi love,im pre surgery and cant help with the answers but i do know i put on ,on average ,half a stone when i have my period,and always have ,sometimes more ,with water retention,dont be upset ,it just means things are working properly , xim sure others will be able to settle your fears ,failing that ,why not get an apointment at gps? ,just to put your mind at rest x x

I have pcos and very rarely have periods but when I do they are bad and last for 2 to 3 weeks. I'm sure your weight gain is related to this so please try not to stress. When your period is over you will see that weight come back off I'm sure x

Not got pcos but I am sure I've read on here that your usual cycle changes post-op and periods etc can return to the expected norm as you loose weight if you have started I expect the gain is to do with that and as Mandy says will drop quickly as you finish.

Although im pre op i too have pcos but just have really heavy periods and always put on between 7-10lbs and always feel disheartened as this time in the month but it always rights itself once the period goes as im sure yours will. x

Back