• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op assessment - what happens?

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
Hi all

Little update 1st - saw one of consultants junior docs yesterday, and im being put on the list for the gastric bypass!! 2-3month wait. Cant believe it, im so happy, but petrified!

Anyway i have a pre-op assessment on 26th March, can anyone tell me what happens at this appointment?

Also, had to fill in an anesthetic questionnaire, about my sleeping etc, i just wondered if my sleeping problems because of my depression will pose a problem? Does everyone have an assessment appointment by an anaethatist?

Thanks all x

Hi fedup1981. Where are you having your op done because I noticed you are in south yorkshire. I'm having my band done in sheffield and have already had my first pre op assesment, so if you're having it done in sheff I will be able to tell you what to expect, take care, Gaynor

Hi

Thanks for replying - i tried to send u a PM but it said you werent accepting them.

I also live in Rotherham! And yes im having my op at the hallamshire.

I went and saw one of Mr Ackroyds team on thurs, and he agreed that i could have the bypass op. I was given the date of 26th March for my pre -op assessment. Can you tell me what happens, and how long after that did you get ur op date, and how long is the date til the op?

Sorry 100 questions!! Im so pleased to have found someone local to me whos going through the same thing.

Thanks!

my pre-op for bypass was just a chat and questionairre, then swabs for MRSA and a few blood tests x x x

thinkbethin you will be able to receive pm's automatically when you've made 50 posts. you're on 27 at the moment so get posting :D

Thinkbethin -A PM is a private message! I live on Doncaster Rd, not far from clifton park. Were you an NHS patient or private?

Mintball- thanks for that. I wondered if you had to have an ECG too?

i din't have an ecg

I had blood tests, ECG, MRSA swabs,Urine,lung funtion test and blood pressure. Then they ask you loads of questions about your overall health.

Thanks all! Its the count down now!

Gaynor - was it mr ackroyd that did urs??

how long did it take you from doctors referel till you got your consultation? im eagerly awaiting

Back