• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens at your Pre-op Assessment

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
I have my pre-op assessment this Thursday and just wondered what happens at them.

Get called in by the nurse who will take your weight,Height,Urine test(don't forget to take a pot of pee with you)do a quick ECG they take a swab of your nose and groin too,And ask you a few questions,Then you fill in a health questionnaire and then you go into see another Nurse who runs you through what happens when you come into hospital,Then she sends you to go get your blood taken and then thats it.

That's what happened at mine.

Thanks Hun,

why do they swab your groin? Or shouldnt I ask? lol

x

Goog luck Muffintop with your Op just noticed its Friday. How are you feeling?

Scared, Nervous,Excited,Relieved...lol

Only got told Tuesday so been running round like a mad woman getting xmas sorted..lol

O wow, you'll get it all done in time, I'm sure.

What a great end to the year for you.

x

Not everyone needs ecg, some do chest xray.

Bloods for my hospital done week before op, just given forms.

Groin swab and nasal one for MRSA.

After seeing nurse I was seen by surgical SHO to check fit for surgery. Was not seen by anyone from bariatric team so no questions answered and no specific advice given.

Tatiana

Last edited:
I went to see the nurse who went through some questions about any health condition etc if I was sick now etc. then I went to a health care assistant who done my BP then took bloods. Took swabs of nose and mouth then I had to go to toilet to do another swab myself - so pleased I got to do it myself as it was my groin but a bit further south lol Lou is to test for mrsa. Then I went to get my weight checked. After that I got sent for an egc and was asked to return to the pre op Assesment nurse when I had the results.

Everything was fine x

Mine is on Thursday and I was told I need and ECG. I then see the nurse who will do a form with me and take some bloods and swabs and that should be it......... Good luck with yours x

I went to see the nurse who went through some questions about any health condition etc if I was sick now etc. then I went to a health care assistant who done my BP then took bloods. Took swabs of nose and mouth then I had to go to toilet to do another swab myself - so pleased I got to do it myself as it was my groin but a bit further south lol Lou is to test for mrsa. Then I went to get my weight checked. After that I got sent for an egc and was asked to return to the pre op Assesment nurse when I had the results.

Everything was fine x

So you got the results the same day Amy?

Mine is on Thursday and I was told I need and ECG. I then see the nurse who will do a form with me and take some bloods and swabs and that should be it......... Good luck with yours x

Thank you Hunni,

good luck with yours. Let me know how you get on.

xxx

Back