• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Op Assessment...

Ali_RFD

Hi Guys,

Just curious as to what happens in the pre op assessment? I forgot to ask when the hospital called to make the appointment, I'm presuming it will tell me when the letter comes out but just wondered if anyone could fill me in...

From a nervous excited member!

Alison x

Hi at my Pre Op Assessment I had my weight checked,bloods taken,MSRA swabs taken,ECG and also saw the pharmacist about my medication I was on and what I would be taking after my op I also was asked lots of questions about my self ( any heart problems etc ) goodluck with your op:)

Thanks Pollyann, i was just curious as I've never had an operation before! All new experiences, but pretty exciting! x

Yeah I had never had an operation or even been in hospital.I was absolutely terrified when I went in, it was a very surreal experience for me but i'm on my road to recovery now:)

Aww thats fab, how did you find everything? I'm glad I decided to go private as i lost all faith in the surgeon on the NHS.

Hope the weight loss goes brilliantly! x

I found everything fine with the NHS at Sunderland Royal the staff and doctors were really nice. I had my operation 7 wks ago my weight loss is going okay I've lost nearly 5 stone since the start of the process although I've lost nothing this week I don't mind as I have never lost this much ever and it is about twenty years since I was this weight, though I still have a long way to go yet I am taking each day as it comes. Well thank you Alison good luck with your journey x

I had my op Tuesday at heartlands hospital Birmingham NHS and I can't say a bad word about my experience the staff were amazing from the student nurse all way up to the surgeon. I know everyone has different experiences with the NHS and different journeys but I can only speak highly of mine and also it's still fresh in my mind. Good luck with your journey x

I had my op Tuesday at heartlands hospital Birmingham NHS and I can't say a bad word about my experience the staff were amazing from the student nurse all way up to the surgeon. I know everyone has different experiences with the NHS and different journeys but I can only speak highly of mine and also it's still fresh in my mind. Good luck with your journey x

That's so good to read. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back