• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op blunder!

Macy moo moo

OMG!
I've just realised some soup I've made today has potatoes in it!
I'm on the no carb - bit of protein pre op diet and I have stuck to it 100% so far. I'm having my band on Tuesday and I'm frightened I've done something really wrong. I cooked a casserole mix from asda with a stock cube and didn't see the potatoes in it until it was too late. I presumed the mix of veg would be the same as the one I've been using from morrisons but now I know it isn't.
I just can't believe I've been so stupid. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Rebirth

Hi, I'm sure that it won't be detrimental, especially as you've been sticking to the diet. Usually the packs they sell don't have too many potatoes in it and you stopped as soon as you knew. You have tomorrow to get your system clear, drink plenty of fluids. I'm afraid I had a bypass so am not aufait with the bander's pre-op diet. However, your liver should have shrunk sufficiently to enable the op to go ahead. I found that one sign was the need to pass lots of urine. You're not stupid, just human.

Hope all goes well for Tuesday.

Macy moo moo

Thanks Rebirth

I was just so angry with myself for not double checking. You are right though about the amount of potatoes in the packs, I bet at the most I will have eaten 2 small baby ones. Final push tomorrow! ;-)

Big an Bouncy

It wont be a problem!

PhilT

my liver shrink diet allows for small amount of pots each day so I am sure an accidental taste will be ok

Rebirth

Hi Macy Moo Moo, just wanted to pop by and wish you all the best with your op today. Let us know how you got on. Will be thinking about and praying for you.

love and hugs
Rebirthxx

Macy moo moo

Rebirth said:
Hi Macy Moo Moo, just wanted to pop by and wish you all the best with your op today. Let us know how you got on. Will be thinking about and praying for you.

love and hugs
Rebirthxx

Thank you
xXx