• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Clear Liquid diet - HELP !!!!!

SimoBlue

Hi, I am due to have my Gastric Bypass on Monday 19th Jan at Macclesfield Spire. I have done the 800 calorie diet for one week and lost 7 lbs. I weight just under 16 st. I am now on the clear liquid diet and have been on it for 3 days, but I don't seem to have lost any weight!!!! Help is this right. The more I drink the more weight I seem to put on. It does diappear in the morning to the weight I was the previous morning, so all in all haven't lost any weight so far on this diet. i am drinking clear flavoured wated and sieved slim a soups only. What am I doing wrong, please help!!!!:confused::cry:

Same happened to me, basically the body goes into starvation mode and holds on to your fat reserves. The important thing is that you've lost the weight that was held around your liver, the glycogen stores, which is the aim of the diet.

Shels right - the intention of the pre op is to shrink your liver and not really to lose weight, this is so they can move it out of the way during the surgery. low cal liquid diets dont work long term for the reasons Shel said in her post !

Dont worry about your weight, keep drinking the fluid and good luck with your op on the 19th

good advice guys x

Hiya Simoblue,
Some good advice from shel & SS! Good luck with your op.x

Good luck for the 19th hope everything goes well, let us know how you are when you feel well enough to , all the best orchid xx

All the best for your op today

dafnagals posts contains incorrect info and a link in sig so has been reported.

Back