• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Last appointment today 26th Jan before surgery 30th!!!

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Well, I have to toddle off to Spire Regency in Macclesfield later on for my final appointment before my surgery on Monday. I am worried sick...

For those of you who know I have been given a different pre-op diet, 1 week low carb and 1 week CLEAR liquid only.... I lost 6lb last week and worried sick that I haven't lost anymore... I don't feel like I have.:( The surgeon wants my to lose 1-2 stones???????

I will get the green light today, so fingers crossed.

I only lost 4lbs on the pre-op hun but it wasn't a problem as my liver was nice & easy to lift. That's all the pre-op is for. I wouldn't think about the weight. As long as you've been good (which you have) your liver will show it once you're open!
Good luck for this afternoon. Monday will be here before you know it!
xx

Thanks Louise, I know its all about the liver, but with my surgeon saying he wants 1-2 stone off before, frightens me and the fact that he can say NO if I haven't. I don't think I see him today, think its just the nurse for more bloods and a final weigh in!!!

woohoo good luck fizz :) xxx

Fizz / Sarah,

I also think expecting 1 - 2 stone weight loss within such a short space of time (says you started pre-op diet on 16 Jan which is only 10 days ago) is RIDICULOUS.

As long as you have stuck to the diet, and there is no weight gain, you should be fine.

Best wishes !!!

fizzwoods said:
Well, I have to toddle off to Spire Regency in Macclesfield later on for my final appointment before my surgery on Monday. I am worried sick...

For those of you who know I have been given a different pre-op diet, 1 week low carb and 1 week CLEAR liquid only.... I lost 6lb last week and worried sick that I haven't lost anymore... I don't feel like I have.:( The surgeon wants my to lose 1-2 stones???????

I will get the green light today, so fingers crossed.

Your be fine Hun , I went to murryfield for my pre op test and all they did was took some blood , fingers cross all the best not long for us now till we on losers bench xx

My surgeon there said the same, I should lose 2 stone, and I felt panic at losing about 1 stone. On the day of surgery he had me in a state saying he would know that I hadn't stuck to it when he opened me up, made me feel really guilty and naughty, when I had stuck to it 100%! Needless to say my liver was fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The dietician was fine... I have lost another 4kg since my last appointment 13th Jan and she was happy, saying I will lose a bit more before Monday..
Had my blood took and met the Dr who will be looking after me on the ward, he's very nice.
Well, here I go and 4 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dietician was fine... I have lost another 4kg since my last appointment 13th Jan and she was happy, saying I will lose a bit more before Monday..
Had my blood took and met the Dr who will be looking after me on the ward, he's very nice.
Well, here I go and 4 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great news hun all the best for monday, not long for us now 4 more sleeps

))))))))))))))))))))big cyber hugs((((((((((((((((((((((
Just to let you know I'm thinking of you and hope all goes well on Monday :) xox

))))))))))))))))))))big cyber hugs((((((((((((((((((((((
Just to let you know I'm thinking of you and hope all goes well on Monday :) xox

Awwwwww thanks hun;) Thank you for being so supportive.. Soon be you!!!!

Well dun hun
Good luck 4 Monday ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well done and good luck for the day

I'm sure the nurses will let you know this afternoon whether they are strict with pre-op weight loss or not..
I do think 1-2 stones is a little bit unattainable in a few weeks.
Anyway good luck hun. Let us know what happens this afternoon!
xx
good luck
;)

Back