• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Op Diet and Antibiotics

PinkyButtonz

Hi,

I think I may need antibiotics and
Just wanted to know if anyone else has experience of antibiotis while on pre-op diet.

I remember some time ago being on them while I was on CD (SS) and I had terrible runs (sorry) .

Last edited:
What's wrong? If it is viral, AB's are no good. The more you take, the more it lessons your body's ability to fight infections itself. You should be ok on AB's on pre-op - which version are you doing? And do you really need AB's? Is there nothing alternative you can take? I won't have them in the house and treat my dogs, me & my hubby using alternative natural herbs etc - much better for you!

What's wrong? If it is viral, AB's are no good. The more you take, the more it lessons your body's ability to fight infections itself. You should be ok on AB's on pre-op - which version are you doing? And do you really need AB's? Is there nothing alternative you can take? I won't have them in the house and treat my dogs, me & my hubby using alternative natural herbs etc - much better for you!

Hi Tpt,

I rarely take them,though I'm not aganst them entirely. Like you I think about them lessening the body's ability to fight infections.

I have a boil under my arm. I had one in the past and my dr prescribed AB's. I've had it for 3 days and have been putting hot compresses on it, but its just getting bigger and more painful.

I'm doing CD as my pre-op diet.

Thanks

OOH..right! I used to nurse with a lass that got them repeatedly - it's something hormonal that causes them I seem to remember.

Can't you have it lanced? You senior practice nurse could do that for you - I would hate you to take a course of AB's this close to your Op and risk your healing abilities being slightly impeded.

Sorry you are experiencing discomfort with it! :wave_cry:

OOH..right! I used to nurse with a lass that got them repeatedly - it's something hormonal that causes them I seem to remember.

Can't you have it lanced? You senior practice nurse could do that for you - I would hate you to take a course of AB's this close to your Op and risk your healing abilities being slightly impeded.

Sorry you are experiencing discomfort with it! :wave_cry:

Thank, I'll ring tomorrow and see if the practice nurse can help.

I know what you mean about the healing after the op. My friend and her kids are forever on and off AB's for coughs and cold. I keep telling her its only a cold, they will get over it and be stronger for it in the long run.

My daughter had so many colds as a child, but she'd fight them off naturally. Now as a young adult she rarely gets them (her last cold was over 2 years ago). I can't remember the last time I have a cold of flu.

hi there .... an old wive's rememdy for boils sound urgh but does actually work .... make up a poultice of warm soap and sugar and pack in over the boil, change every couple of hours have poultice as warm as you can comfortably stand it, till boil bursts ... hope this helps :)

kath
x

My gran used to use bread and hot milk yukkkkeee, but her family still do it now and say it works. Try alternative methods before the AB but if need be then you'll have to have then. good luck and hope you rid os it soonxx

Magnesium Sulphate Paste BP is good for drawing out boils and pimples. You shouldn't use it too frequently, though. I'm not sure why. OR have you tried toothpaste? Really! If you do have to resort to antibiotics try to get a sugar-free one because the pre-op diet is essentially a low carb diet. Good luck, xx

Back