• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Upset Tummy, Pre-OP Diet And Meds

PinkyButtonz

I'm not on the usual milk diet I'm doing CD. I chose to do CD Lacose Free Shake as milk doesn't agree with me.

Since Tuesday I've been on just the packs and have had terrible runs (sorry):sick0019:.
I wonder if it is taking all my meds and just the shakes. I feel so sick, don't think I can take this feeling much longer :sign0137:

Hi Pinky, if your meds state to be taken with food then I would suggest you have a bite of something healthy. Don't take thm on an empty tum if they need food to work with. If you're unsure then speak with the team and see what they suggest. Good luck sweetheart and hope you feel better soonxxx

Hi Pinky,

It could just be the change in diet but I would have thought that would have settled down by now. As Gaynor says why dont you try eating something with your meds or give your team a call and ask if you can switch to the low cal diet.

Not long now for you? Are you excited?

xxx

i had the runs for a week when i started on lipotrim but wasnt on any medication. like the others have said check with yr team but also make sure you get plenty of water in to keep you hydrated.

Thanks Ladies,

I'm just about to email my team. Most of the meds I'm on say to be taken with or after food. I though I'd be ok as I was taking them with a shake.
I think I know the only way round it is to add a healthy meal as that is what I was doing in the first 10 days and had little to no problems. Just a bit worried about adding to my calorie intake. Anyway I'll see what my team suggest as I don't think I can take another weeks spending my days on the loo.

Pinkyxx

Pinky,

Hi there, just to say that I hope you feel better soon and to remind you the pre-op is not about loosing weight so much, it's shrinking your liver, so the surgery is safe.

I was on a low fat about 1000 cals a day diet for 3 weeks but I was able to eat real food, I lost 11lbs and my liver was tiny.

It might be worth finding out the alternatives, for you don't want to feel ill the whole pre-op, that might jeopardise the op if you got poorly.

Hope you get it sorted soon. xx

Pinky,

Hi there, just to say that I hope you feel better soon and to remind you the pre-op is not about loosing weight so much, it's shrinking your liver, so the surgery is safe.

I was on a low fat about 1000 cals a day diet for 3 weeks but I was able to eat real food, I lost 11lbs and my liver was tiny.

It might be worth finding out the alternatives, for you don't want to feel ill the whole pre-op, that might jeopardise the op if you got poorly.

Hope you get it sorted soon. xx

Thanks Caz,

I understand what you are saying about the diet is for shrinking the liver. I should be happy cause I know I've lost a reasonable amount since I started.

I decided not to email the team but to ring first thing in the morning. I know that I need to change what I am doing at present as it is making me feel constantly sick and miserable.

Pinkyx

hugs pink xx

Hope they can help you tomorrow Pinky.

Sorry I cant be of any help :( but am thinking of you.

BTW. You're on nsaids too arent you? What advIce were you given about taking them post op longterm. I've just seen On hopelesscase's thread that bypassers arent allowed to take them and NONE of my docs have mentioned this hmmmm. I also just found out that those who have the sleeve look like they are able to continue with nsaids post op as normal! Why have we not been told this!

Xx hugs

Hope they can help you tomorrow Pinky.

Sorry I cant be of any help :( but am thinking of you.

BTW. You're on nsaids too arent you? What advIce were you given about taking them post op longterm. I've just seen On hopelesscase's thread that bypassers arent allowed to take them and NONE of my docs have mentioned this hmmmm. I also just found out that those who have the sleeve look like they are able to continue with nsaids post op as normal! Why have we not been told this!

Xx hugs

Just spoke to Bariatric Nurse, she has sent me another diet sheet. It had carbs on (frightening :eek:). I said I'm not to keen on introducing fruit etc. Too much temptation and worried how it will affect my weight introducing them now, so she said it can be modified.

I'm not sure what will happen with the Nsaids. My eye is playing up and I need to take some now. I'll ask tomorrow at my Pre-admission.

Back