• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet exante??

traceyb79

Hi all,

I have my band booked for 26th september. I am due to start my two week pre op diet on Sunday, I have a dieticians appointment on the 15th so this falls after I am due to start.

I have emailed my co ordinator but I just need to get some shopping planned.

The booklet from THG states the yogurt and milk diet. I have some exante packets/bars left from my last failed attempt at a diet. Would these be ok for the two week pre op diet does anyone know? Would be good to use these up as I have spent money on these as they will go off next month.

Thank you all for your help x

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Congratulations on getting your band date :)

I bet your thrilled (& probs a bit anxious too!!...I can't wait to see your success)

I go for my pre-op tomorrow so hopefully I won't be far behind you :)

When i spoke to my consultant I discussed the pre-op diet as I too have some exante packs left from a previous diet and he said that it would be an ideal way to do it.

The idea is to shrink the liver so they can get to the stomach easier to fit the band and in order to do that he said to aim to eat approx 1200 calls per day for 5 days pre op.

So 2-3 packs plus a light meal would be perfect.

I hope this helps...it's exactly what I'm planning on doing.

Good luck....I'll be keeping an eye on your progress

Sophie xxxx

Hi Sophie

Great I think I will stick to those then, it just means I don't have to think too much about what to have.

I am excited as it has all happened so quickly but the nerves have started to kick in already. I keep thinking I should give dieting one more go but then I have tried them all and I just need this extra tool.

Hope your pre op goes well. Hopefully you will have a date. Let me know when you get one x x

Tracey x

Hi Tracey, have they given you a list of the all the food allowed on your pre-op? Your only a week after me i can send you a copy of my sheet if they haven't? x

Hi

No they haven't. I only have what was in the guide book which was the milk and yogurt diet. If you could send me a copy that would be great.

Thank you x

Hi Tracey,

How are you doing?!

How long have they told you do the pre op for?!

Crikey it's literally 2 1/2 weeks away isn't it!! Not long at all!
Do you know who your consultant is?! Xxx

Hi Sophina,

My consultant is Mr El Hasani. He wanted me to do to a 2 week pre op diet so I will start that on Sunday. Just trying to work out at the moment which one will be best for me.

X

Hi Tracey, i have scanned it in my PC so it is a PDF how would i send it to you?
It does say though if your surgeon is Mr El-Hasani, you will need to follow a specific diet not desribed in this leaflet - please ask your patient care co-ordinator or dietician for details. x

Hi

Are you able to email it to me at [email protected] please. I wonder why my surgeon is different. I called my co ordinator today aswell and she is meant to be sending something through.

Thanks again x

hi Tracey the pdf is on my works pc, the only way I've managed to do it is by screen shotting my phone so not sure how well you will be able to see them. Let me know if its not very good and I will send it from work tomorrow x

Hi

That has all come through fine. Thank you so much for that. I'll have a read through. Two days till the pre op starts. Arghhhhh x
Xx

Anybody else find they are pigging out before starting pre op diet. I've put on four pounds just scoffing everything, then feeling rubbish?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Yes I am exactly the same. I am scared to go on the scales I don't think I will look until after my pre op diet.

I am usually like this before a diet but this time I am hoping that it will all be different and it will be a change for life. Not just another binge before a failed diet x

Im praying this will get me to a healty weight for life im sick of failing at diets and constantly worrying about my weight, just hope it all works out x

I am the same. I want to get to a point where I am no longer on a diet and it is not the first thing I think of in the morning. I'm tired of my weight ruling my life x I want to be able to focus on actually living.

Back