• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Beginning of my pre-op diet tomorrow!!

sammy08

Well two weeks tomorrow and I will be having my bypass!!:)
Seems so real now I have to start my pre-op diet and I know the next two weeks are going to be hard. However I just need to stay focused and remember its only two weeks and is going to be the last diet ever!!!

Well two weeks tomorrow and I will be having my bypass!!:)
Seems so real now I have to start my pre-op diet and I know the next two weeks are going to be hard. However I just need to stay focused and remember its only two weeks and is going to be the last diet ever!!!

Good luck my lovely, you can do it xx

This is the last hurdle for you now. Just think of all the stress you've been through to get your date. The pre op diet will be a breeze for you x

It's going ok at the minute, just realising how small the portions are!! Lol I am doing the low fat, low carb diet.

Oh that's the same one I will be doing. I can imagine that the portions will be small (800 cals) as when I was on a 1500cal diet it isn't much food and this will be about half as much!

Bulk it up with veg or salad. Once the carb craze has gone so will the hunger. Honestly! After 4 days you won't be hungry. X

This is why I have chosen the milk and yoghurt diet, seems so much easier, but I am sure the hunger will still be there at first. Yoghurts filmy nicely for a time, but I quickly get hungry again. So we'll see.

hi Ines4c once u get past your first 2 to 3 day u will be fine just make sure you drink plenty of water. I started my diet on the 10th march and now am 6 days in and i don't feel hungry it was just the first 2 day. I am on my pre-op for 4weeks :-( but i have lost 12 lb since i have started which make me more determined to stick to it 100%.
i am having
4 muller light
1 pint of milk
2 borvil drinks
plenty of water
i do have a extra muller light and a jeely if i feel i need to. Good luck

Thanks, that is really encouraging. Starting on Monday and am simultaneously excited and scared of it, lol.

Well got my pre op today :) Everything is seeming so real now!! Pre op diet going well, not feeling hungry on it. Just the head hunger that I am having a continual battle with, but getting easier!!
Lost 20lbs in three weeks, since I cut down on my food, with 8lbs of that since I started my pre op diet on Thursday, so I think I am heading in the right direction :)

On Day 4 of Milk and Yohurt, 2nd day was tough, wasn't sure if i was "hungry" or head hungry but am pleased to say yesterday and today are the same and the hunger isn't so bad. One week today and i will be going down for my op so its not long now!!! Keep up the good work, it will be worth it :)
x

Sammy did you end up at Nuffield or Derby Royal in the end?

I hope your date stayed the same though. Must be annoying to be sent back and forth. Hope UR okay.

Back