• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet exante??

Hi Tracey, My appt with the consultant went well but I personally am more confused than ever about what to do. I was 100% adamant that I was having a band and went to the appt to get it booked but since I went, I have thought about whether I should give dieting one last go even though I've done this for over 10 yrs and know it doesn't work!! I worry about my young children and coping with them at the early stages, I'm worried about telling people and worried about what happens if I'm one of those 15% of people where my body rejects the band?! Crikey....what a mess!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated on this....I know this is right for me but all this little worries and giving me such emotional dilemmas that I'm stalling!! :-( Xxxxx

I am the same. I want to get to a point where I am no longer on a diet and it is not the first thing I think of in the morning. I'm tired of my weight ruling my life x I want to be able to focus on actually living.

Me too. I want to start enjoying clothes shopping again, i used to but clothes every week without fail now I only get something when i have to and it's usually just something that fits rather than what i like, i don't wear jeans any more as 1 look awful in then and 2 i refuse to go up the sizes, i just live in leggings and stretchy pants and i hate it. I also want to weigh less than my boyfriend ha x

Hi Tracey, My appt with the consultant went well but I personally am more confused than ever about what to do. I was 100% adamant that I was having a band and went to the appt to get it booked but since I went, I have thought about whether I should give dieting one last go even though I've done this for over 10 yrs and know it doesn't work!! I worry about my young children and coping with them at the early stages, I'm worried about telling people and worried about what happens if I'm one of those 15% of people where my body rejects the band?! Crikey....what a mess!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated on this....I know this is right for me but all this little worries and giving me such emotional dilemmas that I'm stalling!! :-( Xxxxx

Hi sophina sorry your feeling like this, I can't really user much advice I'm afraid as km still pre op all I know for me is that everyone who I have told gas been very supportive, I have got my own worries too as I can't actually get it in my head that I will be slim one day and that I won't work for me but from what have read the majority of people have no regrets in getting it done. I just thought why have the money available just go for it as I know I would regret it if I didn't give it a go. And yes I could diet and get rid of my weight but I don't want to spend the rest of my life on that diet trying to sustain my weight loss. Hope what ever you decide its the right choice for you x

Oh Sophie I am sorry you are feeling that way. Only you can decide honey. I have been thinking the same aswell. I could try again but I know that there is always something else I have to worry about with my kids or work that I never put myself first so I am hoping this forces me to.

I am only telling a few people. Maybe partly because I'm embarrassed it has come to this and people just don't understand how hard it is to diet. I also don't want to be one of the people it fails and dealing with the backlash if it doesn't work.

Do you have anyone who can help you with your kids in the early stages ?

Have you looked on people's diaries for their stories.

Xx

Hi guys

I am due to start my pre op tomorrow and can't get hold of my co ordinator. I was given a booklet originally but just the generic one you are given at the initial consultation.

Apparently Mr El Hasani who is my surgeon requires a special pre op diet. Can I go wrong if I just use exante which is suggested by some other people.

I ideally wanted to have my shopping done before tomorrow if I needed to get anything else in. I will try to call them again tomorrow but have emailed twice and left messages so am a bit annoyed at the moment x

Hi I did Exante pre op and lost a stone in 2 weeks.
I had Gastric sleeve on 12-08-15 in Brussels.
Feel good back to work in a short space of time.

I've also spent the day pigging out! Now feeling very full and uncomfortable and I know I haven't drunk nearly enough fluid either.

This will be my last unsupervised day before starting the pre-op diet and just couldn't resist eating today. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow and eating better again. I've realised that eating cr*p doesn't make me feel good (just makes me feel fat!) so perhaps I am mentally in the right place, one more week until lsd.....

I wouldn't worry about it too much, the point of the diet is to shrink your liver so as long as you do that you should be fine x

Today I've had cornflakes for breakfast, not too bad at that point. Then I had some digestive biccies and a whole angel delight! Followed by a tin of tuna. I had a small cornish pasty for lunch and battered fish (cooked in the oven) and a few chips (also oven) for tea

Not proud of myself and definitely won't be repeating today but I did manage to walk into town to get a few bits and pieces so haven't been totally idle, it has made my shoulder hurt but no excuses for today, I'll be drinking all evening to try and make up for not drinking nearly enough through the day.

Not sure how much sense I've made but just putting down my thoughts as I get them :eek:

I've been having either beans on toast for breakfast or a yogurt and save the bread for later on, chicken or turkey with potatoe and veg but mainly I've been using the ruined tomatoes, blending them and adding spices to either make a 'chilli', spag bol or chicken curry. Some days I miss breakfast completely and have beans and bread for tea with a turkey steak and peri peri slimming world chips. There's not many chips out of your potatoes allowance but gives you variety x

I have been eating so much leading up to this I think I just need a complete break from food. I just don't want to think about it at the moment. Have a months worth exante bars from the last time I was going to try something. I'll do my best to stick to that for two weeks. Having my final feast now, I won't say what as it's not fair lol x hopefully my last ever feast well for a long time anyway.

I can't believe it's only two weeks away. Eeeekkkkk.

Hi Sophina

How are you feeling today? X

Hi Tracey,

I guess I'm still feeling very much the same.

It'd be such an easier decision if I didn't have my children to worry about and also I'm still so worried about what can go wrong with bands.

I can't find very much info about what causes band erosion but also some websites say there's up to a 14% risk of it eroding/being rejected by your body which still does worry me ?

I almost wish I just booked it without thinking xxx

I hope so x to be honest I have not read overly into the side effects I just know I need to do something to take control of my life again and have seen some amazing stories on here. I'll keep you up to date on my progress x less than two weeks to go now and that will fly by. ?

Hi Sophina,

I am good thank you. Currently munching on quorn and greenery. Yummy ?

How are you getting on. Have you had any other thoughts? At least your provisional date is after a few of us on here so you can see how we get on x

Hi Sophina
I completely empathise with you, I pigged out enjoying all the foods I wouldn't be having again, like cheese n onion pie, fish pie with cream etc etc, put half a stone on then lost 11lbs on pre op diet, doing exante shakes, my aim was 3 a day but I couldn't, so I did 2 and no carb protein and salad or veg at night, during this I felt weight coming off and could fel the difference so my head was saying, why go through surgery - you could do this, then a woman Ive not seen in a while, lost 2 stone doing same, affirming my thinking, don't go via surgery , you can do it.
Then I thought, yes I can and then I'll slip back into the habits of fri night curries red wine etc etc lazy quick teas and once again, put it all and more back on, get back depressed etc etc
I think it's normal to have these thoughts. I went to Belgium and even night before I was thinking am I doing right? then you read on here about success stories and the big difference - It stays off
I had MGB 5 days ago, in Belgium, there was a girl from Ireland there with her mum, she went home 2 days before me and said she felt fine
It's your decision and you know your own habits
Good luck which ever journey you take, one thing though, you'll get tons of support on here and guarantee, others have said/thought exactly same
xx

Back