• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet (well sort of)

simplylucy

I only need to do my pre-op diet for 1 week so I'll be offically starting it on 6th Spetember.

However I really feel I've lost control over the last couple of weeks. Kind of a last blow out, something I said I wouldn't do. My clothes have got mega tight and the scales have gone up. :rolleyes:

I really can't afford to gain weight, my BMI must NOT go over 49.9 as the cost of my surgery will rise, it's a struggle to get the money I need as it is.

This week my children are at their dads, the other half is working away also. This means it's just me here, I have no excuses. I don't need to cook evening meals or go shopping.

I've stocked up on milk, sugar free jellys, youghurts, fruit and I also have a load of Cambridge diet hanging around. For the next 5 days I'm going to do a combination of milk and cambridge diet (can't face the cambridge alone!). I'm aiming for about 700 - 800 calories per day and 3 litres of water.

Fingers crossed my jeans fit by Friday, I am so not buying a bigger size now!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Blimey thats tough, your price will rise if your BMI goes up, its a good incentive though i suppose, good luck with your will power (i havent got any!) xxx

ooo good luck hunni! its alot easier when the hubbas are away hey........ mine is and im finding it easier than if he was here............. the cambridge diet surely its not as bad as the milk diet is it?? xx

i to was thinking that actually, maybe its because there insurance will go up? as if bmi is in the 50's could mean potentially more complications?.... not sure, seems bit steep tho x

Hiya Lucy, not long now hun
Don't worry too much, as the pre op diet will help you lose a fair bit, I'm sure
Take care xxxx

oooo yeh i agree most people lose around a stone hey x

The price goes up because they generally need more staff in the theatre for a BMI of 50 or more, and there is a greater risk of you needing more intensive care post op.

One of the best things you can do pre-op is learn to listen to your tummy. Try to learn what it is to feel full, slow down your eating, and stop as soon as you feel even slightly full.

If you have any eating triggers, like emotional eating, try and work out some tactics for dealing with those now, maybe some avoidance or distraction techniques, to make it easier post op. Also, learn as much as you can about how to eat post op, different food groups, different stages etc.

Back