• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op diet!

Dodsie

hi everyone - started the high protein no carb diet a week ago. Was doing brilliantly until the family came to stay and we had and extra Xmas for the grandchildren as they wont be here.
I really have tried to keep to the diet, but if I could resist temptation would I need the op in the first place?
I have just weighed myself and have still lost 2kilos I think but am so worried now that I wont have done enough for the surgery!!
Any words of wisdom....please!!!!

hi
I start mine on teh 28th which is my husband birthday, what can i say 2 weeks of it i am dreading it esp over new year. i am going ot give it 100% and hope to go i can do it.
I just hope i can do the no alcohol, no i am not addicted but do like a glass or two.
I wish you luck and hope that you can do it, its not about how much weigt you lose thoughas some people lose none, its about shrinking your liver so that surgery is easier, so alcohol woudl be crazy. I have no magic wand or words or wisdom but all I can add is foryou to make or buy some things that you can eat or drink, carrot sticks when people are eating nuts and crisps, a cocktail or fruit juices with fruit pieces in and anumbrella when people are drining wine, try and make it special for you in YOUR way, try not to think of food and drink as a way of having fun, do other things like games or karaoke (kids love it lol)
christmas and new year is such a special time but if you can get through this you can get through anaything and just think this time next year you are going toi have such a fab christmas and be so much happier xxxxxxxxxxx
helen

Commitment is everything - especially at this stage - I know its Christmas but I did mine over Easter when there was chocolate and rubbish food everywhere and I managed not to break it. This diet is really important and if your liver is too large and bleeds during surgery, they will sew you up again without doing it. Grit your teeth and get on with it - would you rather be slim and healthy or eat rubbish?

Be strong, and if you can't be strong just keep a very few goodies in the house so you can't be naughty....

There's absolutely no reason why the kids can't walk down to the shops if they want sweeties or chocolate...

Good luck xx

positive.jpg

Good luck with your pre-op diet hun!! I can't imagine how hard it must be to do the diet over Xmas time! Just try and keep away from any lovely food and imagine how you'll feel when you're all lovely and thin!!! Imagine going into ANY shop and buying the clothes you WANT and not the clothes that fit, so they'll do!!! Also try and imagine how you'd feel if you woke up from the op only to find out they couldn't complete it because your liver wasn't small enough!!! I know I'd be devastated!!! These are all things I'm going to tell myself when I start my pre-op diet!!! I think imaginging myself weeping in my hospital bed will be a powerful thing for me!!!!

Good luck hun!! I'm sure you'll do fantastically well!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

im with you mate ive found things so hard over xmas and have cheated badly ive had meal out with family and it was indian ive also eaten half a box of milk tray im dreading going to hospital on wednesday and im scared they are gonna say i cant have op i have been good for the last 2 days but thats it i also drank about 10 baileys xmas day i know its my own fault but we cant all be super slimmers as you pointed out thered be no need for surgery if we was i will let you know how i got on

I hope all has gone well Nicky - let me know.
Well the diet has been ok for the most part. Xmas day - not a step wrong!!
Boxing day much harder as had the usual 20 or so family for the usual party - no alcohol at all or sausage rolls or anything like it but did have some mashed potato and coleslaw. I mad sure to use a smaller plate though.
Yesterday was very, very hard. Went out with family for a meal - ate a very small bread roll (no butter) then some curry but left the rice and popadom - no dessert so hopefully I have done ok.
Today back on it with a vengeance and tomorrow from 3pm fluids only for op on Wednesday. Will speak with you all very soon.
Happy New Year to you all xx

Back