• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Op Diet

Undecided

Please could someone tell me what it is. I'm meant to start it tomorrow but haven't received it yet ?

Do you have to just eat certain things, or do you have to eat exact amounts aswell ?

Would slimfast be ok ?

Thanks

Hi, every hospital seems to vary on their pre-op diets. Mine (the hospital group) advised slimfast, yoghurts and milk. Or a very low fat diet.
Hope that helps. Just try and be good! I have a band so I don't know about the pre-op diet for a bypass.
xx

Last edited:
Undecided, most of them opt for the milk diet or a very low fat low cal diet... Believe me the very low cal diet is flipping hard work, you'd give a toddler more to eat!

Milk diet usually consists of about 4 pints of milk a day, a couple of yoghurts (low fat obviously) and maybe an oxo type drink....

Ring your provider tomorrow and get them to email you the diet sheet, or if you can pop in and fetch it as you can then ask all the questions from someone who knows :)

Good luck xxx

From what I know Slimfast is fine if you don't want to drink milk all day. 3 slimfast shakes a day and low cal liquids like water or diet coke. My pre op diet involves me eating high protein foods like chicken which is very annoying. I've asked them if I can do slimfast instead and they said that's ok with them (I don't trust myself around food) x

Back