• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet

p_relf

So then, I start my pre op diet on the 17th sept. Having my band at Dolan Park. So I have two options, I can:

1) 2 pints of semi skimmed and 2 yoghurts for 2 wks or

2) two meals a day, chicken or fish, low fat jelly and green veg...

I only asked about option 2 as I had heard about it on here and I thought about the energy I would have on option 1. Want the best result, so not sure which one to do......

Any thoughts?

Thx Paul :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi paul

I had my band at dolan park last tuesday. I am not a milk lover so I did the 1000 cal a day diet. I was told to lose 5-6 pound before op.

In the 2 weeks I lost about 10 pounds. 1st week I had 1000 cals of whatever but week 2 I had 2 slimfast a day and a chicken salad x

I had no choice but to do the milk/yogurt diet, as I don't like milk I used rice milk.
I had 2 pints a day, 3 low fat yogurts and unlimited sugar free jelly.
I was never hungry, but I craved savoury food so I drank the odd cup of bouillon.
Apart from that it was just boring, the first bowl of soup I had post op was so delicious compared to the boring diet I'd been following!
Most important of all is that you stick with it, as I imagine everyone's big worry is that they'll come round from their op to find they haven't had surgery because their liver hadn't shrunk enough :cry:
Lots of luck
Em xxxx

Oooh just noticed you're having a band not a bypass, I'm not sure how strict the diet is for banding.
Still, lots of luck though
Em xd

good luck hune if it was me i would go with option 2 as i feel optiion 1 would be harder to do. not done mine yet, but wich ever one you choose i wish you luck keep us posted.

Hi p-relf

I had my consultation with Mr Sirgusad at the Dolan Hospital on the 1st - being Banded on the 13th - Im currently 15 Sones - When I asked about the pre- op he told me to enjoy the weekend and then spend the next 10 days eating healthily ! He told me to aim for 1000 calories - when I asked about the Milk Diet he just said it was a good idea to get me use to a liquid diet POST OP. Nothingb about the need to shrink my liver !!!!! I'm glad I've read on here about it's importance because if I had relied on the consultation - I probably wouldn't have bothered ?

I've started today and had 2 slimfast shakes, 2 cups of tea, 1 tin of heinz chicken soup and 2 sachets of batchelors cup a soup. under 1000 calories and not feeling deprived. just have to spread it over the day well.

Thanks all for the messages! There are sooo many pre op liver reducing diets. I think I will stick to what my provider says! Going to be starving lol :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Probably best - Im Guessing each surgeon and patients are different and your consultant will want to make this as successful as possible for you and advise you accordingly x

At last lol
I have asked a few times in the forum about the milk diet.
Thanks for answering my query x
I'm going to do milk diet I think, so much easier,
as I'm in and out with work all day (I'm a careworker)
Once again fanks x
All the best for your journeys x

Back