• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Diet starts today

MrsS

Day 1/10

Pre op diet starts & I go for my pre op assessment today too.....getting excited!!

Thought I'd use this as a way to document my food diary to keep me on track, so for breakfast I have had:

3 tablespoons of branflakes with 45ml semi skimmed milk

I have got 100g tinned tuna (spring water) with a small salad for my lunch.

I have a pear & 2 satsumas as snacks & a ww yoghurt

Not sure what I'm going to have this evening but will update as & when I know :)

Well here goes day 1 :) xx

MrsS said:
Day 1/10

Pre op diet starts & I go for my pre op assessment today too.....getting excited!!

Thought I'd use this as a way to document my food diary to keep me on track, so for breakfast I have had:

3 tablespoons of branflakes with 45ml semi skimmed milk

I have got 100g tinned tuna (spring water) with a small salad for my lunch.

I have a pear & 2 satsumas as snacks & a ww yoghurt

Not sure what I'm going to have this evening but will update as & when I know :)

Well here goes day 1 :) xx

Good luck :) x

I was given a choice between slimfast diet or lowfat/carb for my preop diet, tried slimfast but was so gross I chose the other! :)

Well it was 100g of steak & a small jacket potato with salad......

Was very nice! Fingers crossed that tomorrow goes as well :)

Thank you all for your support xx

Good luck with your pre-op, I started doing a low fat, low cal, low carb diet but it was too much like hard work, so hit the milk diet for 2 weeks :)

How's it going..Doing ok ish don't have to do pre op till 1st Dec. Just trying to get I.to the habit of eating less and low cal have to loose weight b4 op. Hope all is going well for you today.

Well yesterday was so busy at work I completely forgot about posting my food here so I'm back to update!!

Thank you all for your kind words so far! I'm hoping I'll have more time to interact more with you all when things start to die down at work

Breakfast was 15g bran flakes with 45ml semi skimmed milk

2 clementines as a snack

Lunch; 2 boiled eggs with lettuce, cucumber, yellow peppers & celery

Ww pink grapefruit yoghurt & a pear mid afternoon snack

Tea: a small chicken breast with a small jacket potato & salad followed by a glass of milk

My water intake was much better, managed to drink over 2 litres :)

I had a sneaky weigh in to see how we were doing, 5lbs in 2 days :)

Ah well onwards 8 days to go ? xx

When you think about it as "X amount of days" it can seem such a long time to go, but its good to see the loss over this time and is a great motivation, I also found this time a good way of getting into the real right mindset to move forward.

Ok so i've been really rubbish at keeping in touch with you all for which i apologise! Ive been attempting to get all my outstanding work completed before i finish on weds night!

I am so excited now! But i feel as though im coming down with something so i hope it doesnt transpire as i will be gutted if surgery is postponed!

Well anyhoo im 8 days into pre op & ive lost 9lbs, so im quite pleased.

I'll try to keep you up to date but if i cant i'll see you on the other side :) x

Good luck, I did a similar Pre-op diet to you and felt great! Lost over a stone, was really pleased.

You are doing fab, keep us updated when you can, hope all goes well x

Well tomorrow is the day! (I hope)

Ive got a runny nose which doesnt stop until dinnertime so im hoping that it doesnt develop any further & postpone tge surgery because i will be totally gutted if that happens!

I'm also a touch disappointed with my pre op diet, ive stuck to it religously, yet have lost 9lbs & have been stuck at this point since Saturday!! :(

I just hope that it has fulfilled its purpose & my liver has shrunk

So im trying to stay positive today, my parents & inlaws are coming round for tea tonight to spend time with me before i go in......i hope they enjoy their yummy curry while i eat my "steamed chicken" with salad........

They wont be laughing when im thinner & more gorgeous than them **evil laugh**

:D x

Back