• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diets? Endoscopic Suture Gastroplasty (ESG)

Mimi_LDN

Hi.

I'm really nervous.

I'm due to undergo a Endoscopy Suture Gastroplasty in 2 weeks. I think it's the same as a Gastric plication/ wrap? I haven't been seen any recent post on this forum regarding the procedure(s). I think there is going to be a renewed push on the NHS for this procedure to be used.

Did anyone have to follow a pre operation diet?
I haven't received any literature from the hospital regarding dietary requirements pre op, only a leaflet for a sleeve post operation.

Are you still happy with your weightloss procedure decision?

What are the pitfalls of this procedure in hindsight?

Hi, sorry I can help you with that procedure as I don't know anything about it, but I feel you should contact your hospital team and ask them questions about this. Good luck x

Hi Mimi

I was wondering if you went ahead with this? If so, how did it go? I am now considering having this done but can't find many people with real life experience of it. I'd love to hear your experience if you went ahead.

Thank you!

Hi this is like the VGS Sleeve I had but instead of cutting away 75% of the stomach, it’s folded inside itself. So you are left with tube pouch like sleeve. It’s is reversible which the sleeve is not.

As per the sleeve Ihad to do 2 weeks Liver reduction diet. Probably be the same I should think.

good luck keep us posted x

Back