• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diets...........hidden carbs!!!

Meggie

Hi,
I started my pre-op diet on Monday. Was just wondering if there are certain foods I should definitely avoid as they have hidden carbs? I'm trying to be really good and stick to it!!!!

Thanks

Evening hun! How's it going? Not long to go now, you must be getting so excited!! :D

Are you doing the low-cal diet?

Thanks! Yes getting nervous now. Started pre-op on Monday but just a bit scared I'm not eating the right things!!! Would hate to go through this for four weeks and STILL not shrink my liver so not get my op!!!

Any news on your date yet??

Thanks! Yes getting nervous now. Started pre-op on Monday but just a bit scared I'm not eating the right things!!! Would hate to go through this for four weeks and STILL not shrink my liver so not get my op!!!

Any news on your date yet??

That's the scariest part isn't it! I also worry about my liver being too big, especially as I like a glass or two of wine! I'm thinking maybe I should give up drinking completely a month or two before the op :(

I've been reducing my portion sizes and eating small amounts more frequently to get in the habit, and exercising like mad! Just ordered more fitness games for the Wii which should be here tomorrow hopefully :D

I've not been given a date yet but I don't know whether I will until I see Sufi again on 22nd Feb. Spoke to Lorna last Friday and she said all the paperwork had come through re: funding, so guess it's just a case of waiting until I hear from her now.

Back