• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Exercise

phatmomma

Hi my GP told me when he referred me to start walking for 30 minutes every day (or any other exercise for 30 minutes to make my heart pump). He reckons it will help my recovery speed. Just wondering if anyone else was advised of this and also if you feel by doing it you did improve your recovery speed or do you think it made no difference?

Julie x

I was'nt advised to do this but I can see what he means. Getting healthier would definitely help with the recovery period. If you can manage it, then I'd say go for it. You will only be helping yourself in the long run. Good luck Julie and do a little at a time.

hi julie my gp just refered me in june but didnt mention anything about exercise but that might be because my knees are giving way all the time (very painful but also annoying!)
im pretty new so the other members on here should be able to help ya alot more with this .
sorry could help but good luck with ur jounery and looking forward to hearing all about it
natalie xx

I was never advised to exercise or do anything other than my pre op liquid diet, but the day i got on the consultants scales i felt so ashamed i turned over a new leaf there an then cutting back on the amounts i was eating, opting for healthier choices instead of the naughties and increasing my exercise levels, whether it made any difference who knows, but i felt better and more comfortable going into my op, had a positive mental attitude about it all and because i'd really cut down i didn't find or struggle with the pre op liquid diet.

I'd say that any exercise or dieting you can do pre op has to increase your chances of a faster recovery and decrese the risk of things happening whilst under the knife ! and any increase in your metabolic rate will aid post op healing.

Thanks for all the advice, silver surfer what you said makes a lot of sense....

Bring on the start of my journey lol

Hi my GP told me when he referred me to start walking for 30 minutes every day (or any other exercise for 30 minutes to make my heart pump). He reckons it will help my recovery speed. Just wondering if anyone else was advised of this and also if you feel by doing it you did improve your recovery speed or do you think it made no difference?

Julie x

Both my GP and my surgeon said this...It will strengthen you in preparation for your surgery.

(((hugs)))

Back