• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ANONE HERE FROM BRADFORD?

Loulou26

I fall under the Bradford and Airedale PCT and was just wondering if there was anyone else here who had been referred for weight loss surgery and how easy/hard you found the whole process? I am a little apprehensive about approaching my GP as i'm not very assertive and i'm worried he may just fob me off. Thanks.

prinny

Hi Lou lou sorry I'm not from that area but just wanted to say a big hello. Some of the other users on here are really up to speed on what you need to do to get funding. Sorry I went private so I can't help. xxx

Loulou26

Thanks Prinny. I wish i had the money to just go private, i do feel like a burden on the tax payer asking for weight loss surgery )= I know it's my right but i can't help it! Anyhow, i could probably just about manage a loan for the surgery but what scares me is if it goes wrong and i can't afford to put it right. I know if i get surgery on the NHS then the aftercare is there and is all included and that is reassuring.

Pandora_150

Finally Post-op!
LouLou, as I have mentioned I am not from Bradford but I do spend a lot of time in that area. I use to live in Wibsey and my partner lives in Barkerend (to be honest this is where I live for most of the week as it is closer to both my job and University).

Although I cannot comment on the process for Bradford and Airdale I can tell you as far as I am aware both St Lukes and BRI do not do this procedure. Which may mean that the NHS may pay for you to go to a hospital outside of your area.

Good luck with the Doctors appointment and let us know how it goes!

xxx

prinny

LouLou, don't let anyone think your a burden on the tax payer! We are all tax payers and deserve to be fit and healthy like every one else. The NHS is soooo short sighted in seeing the fact that by paying out for surgery they could be saving money in the long run. There is not one person on here who doesn't deserve to have it done. I took the chance of no aftercare because I was desperate but it really shouldn't be like that.xxxx

Loulou26

Well guys, i am back,, but this time i have decided i can do it the traditional way, so i'm on the weight watchers, with a little help from xenical, i'm already 2lb down so wish me luck, hehe! Will let you all know how i get on. (=