• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op stools

bubbaloo82

Hi

I'm sorry for such a crud questions but could someone please tell me if it is normal on the pre op milk diet 2 have watery stools!? I have previously done lighter life and the Cambridge diet over the years which is kinda the same principle (just liquid) but remember it making me constipated rather than loose! Currently on day 8 followed strictly!! :)

X jo X

Yes it can make it very runny/watery, especially if its a milk based/dairy heavy one. I've just had a few liquid only days again due to having a fill in my band and it hit me like that on sunday, but this morning, its the other way . . .

Yes it can make it very runny/watery, especially if its a milk based/dairy heavy one. I've just had a few liquid only days again due to having a fill in my band and it hit me like that on sunday, but this morning, its the other way . . .

Thank u very much... Just wanted 2 check it was the 'norm'

Hi I am on soup/yoghurt liver shrink and have watery stools too! I do tend to get diarrhoea quite often as I have IBS though. I just assume its because we are not having solid food x

I also struggled while on pre-op milk/yogurt diet. Then I started using lactofree milk instead and it made a big difference. Although I am not lactose intolerant it was the amount I was consuming. My body just wasn't used to so much milk! It's pretty common though. Try lacto free milk, it tastes the same! I was also allowed soya/rice/oat/almond milk so for a bit of a variety I tried them all :) rice and oat has high calorie and carbs though so perhaps soya is better. I still do love a soya latte. Obviously check with your provider first! Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back