• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

medication on pre op diet?

starr

very happy post opper
sorry i seem to ask daft questions ,but when your on the liver diet pre op,is it ok to take painkillers , im currently on co codamol and tramadol,,will that effect my liver during the 2 weeks ,hope someone wise comes along who has been on the same meds,also does everyone worry that their liver will be a prob during the op,im terrified my op will stop cos i was a party animal a few years ago,,,,older and wiser ow ,,,she lies ! lol,,,,just nerves i guess but need reassurance by you lovely people ,x

sorry i seem to ask daft questions ,but when your on the liver diet pre op,is it ok to take painkillers , im currently on co codamol and tramadol,,will that effect my liver during the 2 weeks ,hope someone wise comes along who has been on the same meds,also does everyone worry that their liver will be a prob during the op,im terrified my op will stop cos i was a party animal a few years ago,,,,older and wiser ow ,,,she lies ! lol,,,,just nerves i guess but need reassurance by you lovely people ,x

Which pre op diet are you on?? I have been on both and I would defo ask your team as I know how strong the tramadol are and taking food altogether of of the equation may make u feel very unwell , so I would check xx

thanks for your replies x, i will give them a ring, i would have asked before my pre op ,but just wondered if anyone else had used them,prior to surgery ,my liver diet dont start til sept ,cant wait lol,, and its the low cal food one for diabetics,god knows how id get through 2 weeks with out pain killers , just hope theres something i can use ,x !

I used the 30/500 Co-codamol like sweeties, and Tramadol for the bad days. Nobody, either hosptal team nor GP ever told me I couldn't take them. With the L&D you have to do the milk diet twice, they stopped my Metformin the first time and never restarted! By the time I had my op, I had nothing left but my Statin. As a "sleever" all I have now is iron tablets. Its a great journey if you don't weaken!!

weakening aint an option love! cant wait to start this journey next month x spoke to gp yesterday and feel much better now ,i can carry on with the meds im on,so thanks all for advice x,only thing i was a bit puzzled about was that the hospital told me to talk to my gp about changing to liquid meds but he kinda laughed and said theres no need,almost felt a plonka for asking ,lol , but only did cos hospital told me too!,,,,,,,cant win sometimes ,eh!

Back