• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my pre-op appointment yesterday! Yipee

:D:D:D Oh Gail-Michelle, i am thrilled for you . Really fantastic news!!!!! As you know i was really worried because i hadn't heard of him, but all that worry has gone now after meeting mr Macadam and his team. They are fabulous. They have done more and 1200 operations, so are a dab hand at it now. I had another phone call from them yesturday and i see the anethnetist (sorry if i have spelt it wrong!) next Friday. Then they told me that they are booking people in for early July for the op!!!!!. ......... i think things will move really quickly for us, fingers crossed.
From what the nurses were telling us at the pre-op appointment, Fylde hospital Blackpool are doing bands at the moment and will be doing bypass operations by the end of the year!! I think it will be too late for us, although Murrayfield isn't too far away so i don't mind travelling, to be honest i would travel anywhere to get it done..
I would love it if you would let me know how you get on! Good luck !!!xxxx
Oh its so exciting!!! and nerve racking!:eek:

Hi Sue, It would be even better if we were in together L.O.L you Inspire me purely because you are a week in front so when you get good news I am not far behind. In other words whatever happens to you I know that the same happens to me 7 days later L.O.L gail-michelle:grouphugg:
:D:D:D Oh Gail-Michelle, i am thrilled for you . Really fantastic news!!!!! As you know i was really worried because i hadn't heard of him, but all that worry has gone now after meeting mr Macadam and his team. They are fabulous. They have done more and 1200 operations, so are a dab hand at it now. I had another phone call from them yesturday and i see the anethnetist (sorry if i have spelt it wrong!) next Friday. Then they told me that they are booking people in for early July for the op!!!!!. ......... i think things will move really quickly for us, fingers crossed.
From what the nurses were telling us at the pre-op appointment, Fylde hospital Blackpool are doing bands at the moment and will be doing bypass operations by the end of the year!! I think it will be too late for us, although Murrayfield isn't too far away so i don't mind travelling, to be honest i would travel anywhere to get it done..
I would love it if you would let me know how you get on! Good luck !!!xxxx
Oh its so exciting!!! and nerve racking!:eek:

Congratulations Sue I am so pleased for you. Hope you get your date soon. You will be on your pre-op diet soon and then on the loosing side. Keep us informed of how you are doing you must be so excited.

:D:D I just wanted toay a big thankyou to everyone and your lovely words! It means a lot :)

Gail-Michelle its great to hear from you, i was just saying to my hubby (by the way i am driving him mad too :) lol) that it would be amazing if we were in together! I think it might happen, if you don't have to see the anethnetist, which s hat i have had to wait for, you will of caught up!! How bloomin great would that be!! I keep forgetting to tell you, but last month phatgirl told me about a support group in Salford Hope Hospital for pre and post op patients (you dont have to of had the op in salford). So me and hubby went, it was great.... i got to meet phatgirl, hopelesscase and salski. Loads of other people there who were waiting for an op, and some who had just had it. There is going to be another meeting, i jus had an email today. Its on the 1st july, if you are interested let me know and i will e-mail you the letter. The were hoping at the next meeting that some post op people will tell us their WL journey stories so it shou be great.
xxx

Back