• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op tomorrow.... So nervous!

Butterfly38

Hi all, I finally have my pre-op tomorrow, not really sure what to expect but am feeling very anxious right now x

They asked me loads of questions health wise,weight recorded, blood tests done,ECG.thats about all for me,was there about an hour in all.It just makes everything more real,good luck xx

Thanks guys, just that the letter says allow at least 4 hours for appointment !!! Just waited so long for this I'm nervous now things are happening finally. This site has been a fantastic help too. Not sure if I'm meant to take Someone with me either?

Most of my pre-op appointment was spent waiting as there were so many people there.. they had also told me to allow several hours ;-) You can definitely take someone with you if you like, up to you.

I don't remember all the questions, but I remember I saw nurses and the anaesthetist. Bloods were taken, swabs, and they asked me questions about previous surgeries etc. You'll be fine! Good luck!

You will be fine hun. I had to allow 4 hours too. I had my pre assessment for my height,weight,blood pressure,MRSA swab and questions. Then sent for an ECG and had to bring the results back to the pre assessment department. Then I got sent to a seminar with 4 other WLS patients and when that was done got sent to do bloods.

Then my weight was checked again in an outpatients department and I was sent to see my surgeon and after went home. I'm with Homerton hospital. I went alone. one of the ladies had her husband there

Thankyou- that's exactly what happened carebear.was a jam packed day but very organised... I've been accepted for a bypass... Sometime in feb...... So relieved!! Thanks for your advice !

Oh yayy congrats on being accepted hun. Roll on Feb :)

Back