• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op weight loss: STATS + PICS

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
At referral Jan 2011 my weight was: 23 stone 8 lbs (150 Kgs) 330 lbs

On Friday 13 April my weight is now: 20 stone 7 lbs (130 Kgs) 287 lbs

I realise that as I am still on the pre-op diet for 3 days I might be a few pounds below that on my official weigh in day at the hospital on Tuesday next week, but will have to report back on that later.

MEASUREMENTS

January 2011 ......................... April 2012

BUST_: 60" ............................. BUST_: 54"
WAIST: 60" ............................. WAIST: 52"
HIPS._: 63"............................. HIPS._: 56"

Dress size: 32 ......................... Dress size: 26
Shoe size_: 9 .......................... Shoe size_: 8

RIBCAGE: 50" ......................... RIBCAGE: 47"
Neck.___: 18" ......................... Neck.___: 17"

Upper Arm: 16.5" ..................... Upper Arm: 15"
Lower Arm: 13" ....................... Lower Arm: 12"
Wrist ____: 7.5" ...................... Wrist ___: 7"

Thigh: 30" .............................. Thigh: 27"
Knee: 20" ............................... Knee: 18"
Calf_: 19" ............................... Calf_: 16"
Ankle: 12.5" ............................ Ankle: 11"

Most of the 'before' (23++ stone) photos were taken by my friend Paula in my previous flat. Most of the 'now' photos were taken by two work buddies a few days ago.

I have lots of photos to share -- it might take more than one post (LOL!).

Attachments

• 23st 20st SIDE VIEW.jpg
    23st 20st SIDE VIEW.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 277
  • 23 st (Left) 20 st (Right).jpg
    23 st (Left) 20 st (Right).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 218
  • 23 st v 20 st (sitting).jpg
    23 st v 20 st (sitting).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 23 st v 20 st (sat).jpg
    23 st v 20 st (sat).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 191
A few more of my 'lovely' (huc hum) before photos at 23 stone (ish).

Some more April 2012 pics taken by my lovely work buddies on the next box/post below .... wait a mo !!!

Attachments

• 23 stone (2).jpg
    23 stone (2).jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 215
  • eat my niece.jpg
    eat my niece.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 23 stone --- family table.jpg
    23 stone --- family table.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 23 stone -- family (v3).jpg
    23 stone -- family (v3).jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 507
  • NEW COLLAGE.jpg
    NEW COLLAGE.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 181
your weightloss really shows Sharon! well done :) and yes, it does look like you're about to eaty our niece bahahaha :D xxx

I am now 1/4 of the way towards goal (and the EWL% now confims I have lost 25% of my excess weight).

THE NEXT TARGETS (tackling it 3 stone at a time will be): 17 stone, 14 stone, and 11 stone.

At the moment I feel very unsure I could ever get down to a "crazily low" weight like 11 stone (as I was 12 stone when I was 17 years old) but I will take it on a "lick it and see" basis and see what happens when I get to 14 stone and under !!!

More photos taken by work buddies ....

Attachments

• 20 st SMILING.jpg
    20 st SMILING.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 155
  • 20st SMILE small.jpg
    20st SMILE small.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 130
  • headshot.jpg
    headshot.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 120
  • laughing.jpg
    laughing.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 125
your weightloss really shows Sharon! well done :) and yes, it does look like you're about to eaty our niece bahahaha :D xxx

Thanks, Caren!

The man in each of the family photos with the silver hair is my 80 year old dad.

Won't bother explaining who all the other people are, suffice to say a lot of them came from overseas (USA and Australia) to attend my younger brother's 2009 wedding.

The dad / niece / me pic was taken at my niece's 18th birthday party (and my niece is 5'8" but somehow managing to look small and tiny in the photo -- LOL!)

you are very pretty Sharon, and you are going to get prettier and prettier :) good luck to you :) xxx

You have done so well Sharon. It really shows :)

And you have lovely eyes. I am obsessed with lovely eyes lol. So spotted yours. Lovely colour xxx

And you have lovely eyes. I am obsessed with lovely eyes lol. So spotted yours. Lovely colour xxx

Thanks, I have really green eyes and in one of the photos where I managed to keep them open and not blink you can finally see that I am green eyed blonde -- I think that might be a warning for all men (watch out for the green eyed monster -- ha ha !!!).

I admire your chin and the fact that you don't seem to gain a double / triple chin whilst overweight ..... a most enviable trait (!) ..... sadly I know from my journey "upwards" on gaining weight that I still had a double chin at 17 st, 14 st, and possibly even at 12 st .... I just have one of those faces that attracts neck weight really easily.

Oh well, might have to try and date a plastic surgeon (post op weight loss) and flutter my eyelashes to get my turkey neck done eventually !!!!

Very sweet of you to say. I simpy have a double belly, back boobs, bum, thighs and hips instead lol. Very pear :(

My partner has very green eyes too. I love them. The green eyes go beautiful with your blonde hair. You will have men at your feet not warned off lol

My partner has very green eyes too. I love them. The green eyes go beautiful with your blonde hair. You will have men at your feet not warned off lol

I wish! 43 years in the dating wilderness makes me doubtful, but I have actually come to accept that even if I don't meet a special man post weight loss, I will be able to enjoy the remainder of my 50's, 60's and retirement at a healthy weight ..... and potter about /do things that I would not have been able to do at 65 years old and 20++ stone and diabetic.

I've only had one proper (semi) long term BF (six months), and he was morbidly obese himself. And a lot of very temporary short term dating things where the guy never wanted it to become permanent or long term (like "you're just someone I see occasionally now and then, not my actual girlfriend" -- I did find a lot of men really do want a slim "trophy" wife/GF for social presentation purposes) :-(

I think while I was in my late teens, 20's and 30s I always *thought* I was hugely fat, gross and horrible -- and therefore that negative self opinion rubbed off on other people -- but the tragedy is that in my late teens (17 - 19) I was actually only "overweight" and size 16 and a really reasonable size (the kind of size I now want to get back down to). if I had had a different perception about myself back then I might have been more outgoing and sociable, instead of being a quiet loner.

Also when I was growing up in the 80's there were very few women / young girls as big as me (obesity has obviously increased in the intervening 20-30 years) ....... so all my school / college / first job chums were "slim" (size 8, 10, 12) and that did make me feel huge.

But c'est la vie, we live and learn! Ho hum.

Last edited:
Well done Hun , I had my sleeve op. 10 weeks ago and lost 4 stone that's with pre op diet too lost 3 stone since surgery xx

you really can see the differance in your weight loss, nice you can have some photos to compair with, your dad looks grat for his age, have you decided against going to his now, mind you if your friend can help you with those horrible stairs you have in grotbags mansions you are better ataying in your own place. xxxx

I won't be staying with Dad .... this was not entirely my own choice -- I have not even discussed it with Dad as one of my bully brothers told me not to even contemplate putting that pressure on Dad (an 80 year old man) etc etc.

However, Dad did ring me last weekend offering help (I didn't dare tell him that months ago one of his revolting sons had told me to stay away from asking Dad anything :mad: :mad: :mad:).

If my younger brother (the bully) thinks that the risk of me staying with Dad would be unfair because I am *sooooooo* likely to develop leaks, hernias and other massive post-op complications ..... how the he11 does my stupid brother think I would manage with complications like that on my own, up 2 flights of stairs, with no bell or buzzer to let a doctor or ambulance in ?????

Sorry for rant. :(

So ..... I will most definitely be staying at Grotbags Mansions, and coping the best I can ..... Dad just thinks I am being extremely independent and self-sufficient and how marvellous etc.

Dad is 80 but he is (as you can see in the pics) slim and fit -- he was playing tennis twice a week until he was 75, and now just occasionally .... but he still does a lot of gardening and walking, and has always been active and healthy .... and I am sure would have been totally able to "look" after me (which would not really have involved much -- making a few soups and letting me stay in his ground floor bedroom which is opposite his ground floor bathroom) :mad:

Your brother sounds very negative and lacking in any sympathy. Grrrrr!!!

I think you'll be fine in your flat, you sound super organised, and have the lovely Erica to look after you. You'll be fine.

I'm a 43 year old, green eyed blonde too!!

I am just starting out on my journey and it really is great to see weight losses and pictures how well you have done and such a big change Iwish you lots of luck in the future with your weight loss

Cheryl

You really see a lot of difference Sharon , well done
I'm sure you will be fine post op , all the lethargy & inability to do much didn't happen to me , I was quite able to do most stuff

You have planned ahead hun :) You will be absolutely fine :) And yes - Family can suck - I have had to make sure my OH and daughter can get a bus from luton to high wycombe with two changes just so they are actually able to see me as its too hard for my mum to pick them up

Yvessa said:
You have planned ahead hun :) You will be absolutely fine :) And yes - Family can suck - I have had to make sure my OH and daughter can get a bus from luton to high wycombe with two changes just so they are actually able to see me as its too hard for my mum to pick them up

Grrr!!! What's wrong with some people?!

I was like you Cheryl. I was doing laps of the ward from the morning after my op.

As you have all you need, once you are in your flat, you will be ok. I am sure of that chick xxx

Back