• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre pre-op diet

Agnes

I've just been put on the waiting list for a bypass (which I'm vey excited about) but my surgeon has said that I have to lose 3 stones by the time he operates in about 3/4 months. What diets have people followed before going on pre-op diet?

Wow that seems excessive to me personally.

Weight watchers and the duken diet all work well

All the best

I do Rosemary Connolley low fat diet and add exercise in.
I have been asked to lose 38lb so know how you feel but 23lb down in 4 weeks :)
I lost 7 1/2 st on the RC diet in 5 months last time BUT i was going to the gym 3 times a week.

He probably wants to test your commitment to the post-op diet regime. Go for it. If you don't already attend a slimming club, then I would recommend doing so, as you will want the continuing support they offer when you are post-op. Is he including the weight you have already lost, or was that all pre-referral?

I was on the hospital low carb diet and lost 13lb in 9 days, so would possible think it is possible in 3/4 months, and will help you after the bypass as its not easy but manageable x

i went on a 1000 calorie a day diet, which i found hard to live on for more than a few weeks but i lost 3 stone in 6 1/2 weeks!, and i didnt eat anything that i couldnt work out the calories of, weighd everything, even cerial, and i kept a diet diary which i found the most usefull as i could tally everything up throughout the day, and it helped mentally x

Thanks all for your responses. Well, I finally got off my backside and started at slimming world. I thought 3 to 4 months was such a long time and as a result got extremely careless!

I'm now having a Slimfast shake for breakfast and lunch and a low-fat evening meal. I have a lot of work to do to make up for a month of complete stupidity.

Back