• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pregablin?

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Anyone else take Pregablin/lyrica here? Just started on it today (had it a while back but nighttime only, this time it's day and night). My pills don't come with the patient leaflet, but from memory I think drowsiness is one of the side effects. Am a bit of a space zombie today, but that could be my fibromyalgia plus the fact I didn't sleep well last night.

So if you're on them, is the space head normal? Is it temporary or every day you take them? I have to be able to look after the baby when Tez is at work so need to know if it's safe to carry on with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Pregabalin can be used for several issues. You should ask your pharmacist for a Patient Information Leaflet which will tell you all you need to know . But just briefly, it can cause drowsiness, dizziness and impaired attention. I would say its the drug thats causing the problem but a goods night sleep will help too :) Only you and your prescriber can decide what you can tolerate.
Good luck with it xx

Hi shel my sister has just weaned herself off them after 2 years because of the spaced out effect they were giving her. she had gradually increased the dose and has had to do the same coming off them. she is also on nortriptoline and tazanadide that also have similar side effects. she had already got her self off her phentonol patch thinking that it was all down to that but alas it wasnt. she is saying that she would prefer to take the odd dose of oramorph if the pain gets too bad as opposed to being a zombie.

You may get used to the side effects but i think you need to have someone around for a couple of weeks whilst you see if it settles down which i know isnt easy with terrys job.

fingers crossed it sorts itself out for you. x

Thanks. Have decided that I can't risk carrying on with them at the present.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Probably wise in the circumstances. I've never had chronic long term pain. But can really relate to the effects with my sister. Take care and keep smiling x

Back