• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lansoprazole side effects

tpt

Uber geek
OK - so still suffering with stuff 11 weeks post op. Had my bloods results (see other thread). Doc thinks it's the ant-acids causing the probs. Read up on the leaflet in the box (not going to list the whole lot)

Rare side effects include : hair loss, (not yet!!) vertigo (yup - sometimes violent) and muscle and joint pain - oh yes, got that one alright!

Am going to get on to surgicare today and see if I can come off them, doc said there is no point changing the brand as the properties are the same.

If you are suffereing any longer term symptoms post op you might want to have a little read of the leaflet that comes in your box and / or speak to your medical team. As stated, the symptoms above are listed as 'rare' but I and I think a couple of the others on this board suffer these effects.

I was on omeprazole, another PPI, and it gave me hair loss, itchy skin and made it really hard to sleep. And diarrhoea. Doc said hair loss was very rare and I should try another version such as Lansoprazole but by that point I wasn't willing to risk it. My hair came out in clumps!

I found Zantac which is only an over the counter antacid about 90% as good as omeprazole and without any of the side effects. But my reflux was a lifelong problem so I've now had an op to correct it and don't take any meds at all now - yippee!
What really scared me was that the PPIs all have strong links to foetal abnormalities and the doc who prescribed me them knew I wanted another baby - idiot! Thankfully I always read the label!

God it is all a bit worrying indeed.TPT i need to catch up on your last thread to see those results i'm sorry i missed it just can't keep up these days since work has taken over. I really hope they get a real diagnosis so they can help you out. You have had a hellish time and i hope you turn the corner soon x

Hi
Ive been taking omeropozole for the past few years as i suffer from reflux, my gp told me to take an extra tablet when my symtoms are at there worst and i have found when i do this my arms and legs get achey and i get restless legs in bed.

i know its the tablets as it only happens when i take the extra tablet.

i know there not the same tablets but they are simular.

sallie

Back