• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pregnancy after surgery

Depends on which surgery but they say 1-2 years. 2 years being better but their have been people who have had a bypass fall pregnant around a year post op. X

marvin6 said:
Hi, i just wanted to know how long after the gastric surgery can you concieve?
thank you

I've been told its not very safe for 2 years but you can conceive anytime Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Hi,
My team said definately don't consider getting pregnant until at least 18 months post op x

A long time and well respected bypasser, Shelbel, fell pregnant almost a year after her surgery. Her blog is here

Yup I got myself knocked up at 8 months post op. I reached my goal 1 month later. I should have waited though and wouldn't recommend getting pregnant before a year post op and also before reaching your goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thank you for putting this post on, its helped me too as I want more babies :) Xx

This is one of the reasons for me having a bypass. Me and the hubby would love children, but i need to lose lots of weight first. I was also told to wait 18-24 months, but preferably goal weight if i hadn't reached it yet.

cjskts said:
This is one of the reasons for me having a bypass. Me and the hubby would love children, but i need to lose lots of weight first. I was also told to wait 18-24 months, but preferably goal weight if i hadn't reached it yet.

Yeah its 1 of my reasons too Xx

Back