• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pregnant with a band!

tor

Has anyone been pregnant and had a band?*Do you need your band loosening at all? Also people who have their port by their belly button, does it stick out when you are far gone? Thank you.*Tor x

Hello tor, congratulations!

I was banded last week and had detailed conversation about this as I plan to try again in a years time (they advise not to try before 12 months to maximise potential weight loss first)

You need to contact your provider ASAP to tell them as with mine, they will automatically de fill the band. This is to ensure you get the right amount of calories and nutrients to support baby You can get it re filled post pregnancy.

I don't know about the sticky out port- in fact this was a question I asked way back but I don't think anyone replied. I suppose each persons port is slightly different
Hope that helps
Much love Bex x

When you get to 50 posts you will see a board which is specific for this subject, also check out the banders board as there are currently other pg women there too.

Not every provider defills with the band, so its really a case (as with everything moving forward) to talk with and follow your providers guidelines :)

Congrats!

Congratulations
My provider advised not to get pregnant for the first 2 years, however every provider differs, good luck, xx

I was banded 18mth ago, hit goal last may, got preg and baby arrives in 2 weeks :) the port doesn't stick out and feels just as it does when skinny! I've had to had a refill as I'm a planned c sec and my provider said its wise to cos of all the tugging but only had it done beg of this month ready. But normal delivery there's no need! (Tested it on a Big Mac!...omg straight down lol) but ill get it ramped back up after ! I don't come on here much these days so if you do have questions prob best to inbox me x

Defill not refill argh!

i was defilled at begining of my pregancy as it was adiced then and i gained all my weight back , now alot dont recommend defills as long as your getting a varied diet there is no great need for one , i really thought i had everything cracked when i fell preg but old habbits came back once i could eat again so think carefully about whats best for you

Back