• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Private consult for band -didnt go as expected

Harley_Q

Had my consult today, he was really nice but said he couldn't honestly do the band because he doesn't think it would work for me, he said because if my size and history I should be going via nhs and going for a full blown bypass! He's going to write to my go to tell her to refer me straight back to him. So not great news but not totally bad, just got to hope my gp does as he asks! Just feel a bit sad, I'd worked up the courage to do it and now I have to wait possibley another year. There's no way I can afford a private bypass so don't have many options really :(

I would see it as good news really, no point in having band if the 'expert' thinks its not going to work for you :) And a fantastic note that he is going to write to your gp for a referral ............... maybe a little disappointing right now, but the best move in the long run :) x x x x x all the best

I like to think he must know what he is talking about but I do really get where your coming from it takes a long time to be frank with yourself about having WLS nevermind talking to someone else about it!
like crystal said at least he as offered to write a note to your gp that should carry some weight(excuse the pun!)
good luck in all you do

At least you know you're in safe hands hon. He would make more money if you were banded privately than bypassed on the nhs. That's the sort of surgeon you can trust with your life.

I am really thankful he didn't just take my money and do it regardless I just hope my gp plays ball! What I didn't ask him is what happens when I get referred, any ideas?

You will probably have to jump through some hoops to show your commitment

I got a copy of the letter he sent my dr, it basically said I should have to pay privately as in his opinion as a consultant I qualify for nhs treatment, doesn't really ask but tells them they need to refer me to them! So I don't no if I have to go see the dr before she'll refer me or whether she'll just do it! Guess it's a big of a waiting game

now your gp has the letter i would book an appointment with them and ask them to put in a referral

I think you will need to see the GP and the sooner the better. I don't think they will just put up the referral without speaking to you first, in case you have changed or mind or something?

Good Luck Harley_Q - i am following your posts!

go see your gp hun! i know its a shock but see it as a good thing. A private surgeon whos not desperate just to get your money too is fab! x x

Back