• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

private surgery in belgium

secret

Hello
Im going private but not in uk as to expensive.
Ive looked at Prague looking good .
But just want to check out dr chris in belgium .
Any reviews etc...would be greatly appreciated
Also time in hospital ; price etc...

Hi

I had a RNY gastric bypass with Dr Chris in March last year...I have no regrets whatsoever. I arrived on Monday, surgery on Tuesday, discharged on Thursday and travelled back on Saturday...the time in hospital varies according to the surgery you have. The hospital is great, the hotel is a five minute walk away. Dr Chris and his team are amazing. My surgery (the most expensive option) cost less than £7000...it depends on the exchange rate at the time.

Hope this helps

Lynn x

Thanks lynn
Did someone rwcommend dr chris ?
I did lots of research on different providers and all the reviews for Dr Chris were positive...when I had my surgery there were quite a few members on here that had been to him and several booked with him. I decided to have a consultation in London, I liked what I heard and booked there and then. My husband took out a loan to pay for my surgery and I could not allow him to borrow the amount needed surgery in the UK, some of the overseas providers had age restrictions so I had to rule them out.

Lynn x

Thank you I will look into dr chris .
What did you have done
How long ago
I had a RNY bypass in March 2015 and am maintaining now. My weight fluctuates between 10.5 and 11 stones which I am happy with

Lynn x

I could not fault Dr Chris. Had surgery with him in April. Both him & his team are fantastic. Very well kept hospital and the staff cannot do enough for you. I would not hesitate to recommend them at all.

I had a MGB which cost around €7000. Was in hospital for 2 nights and agreed I could return to the UK a day early. Best of luck whatever you may decide!

Last edited:
Hello
Im going private but not in uk as to expensive.
Ive looked at Prague looking good .
But just want to check out dr chris in belgium .
Any reviews etc...would be greatly appreciated
Also time in hospital ; price etc...
Hi, just found this website. I too am going to Dr Chris in Belgium for surgery (gastric sleeve) on 8th November 2016. I have not heard any adverse reports about him. What surgery are you having and do you have a date yet?

Hi
Im looking at a sleeve
My bmi is just below 35 so that causing a few probs
I have a few medical issues which mayvbe in my favour
Looking at praige atm

My BMI is similar, in fact I'm a bit worried about losing too much weight on the pre-op diet, which could jeopardise my surgery. I have high blood pressure and other medical issues which I think would improve following surgery.

My BMI is similar, in fact I'm a bit worried about losing too much weight on the pre-op diet, which could jeopardise my surgery. I have high blood pressure and other medical issues which I think would improve following surgery.
Same as me ! Where are you looking at having surgery ?

Im going through Belgium Surgery Services and the op is in AZ Jan Portaels Hospital, Vilvoorde, Brussels I believe. I fly out Monday 7th November for surgery Tuesday 8th. It would be good to keep in touch, I think its reassuring to have support from someone going through the same at the same time. Have you decided on where you are going: Prague or Belgium? Ive read lots of excellent reports on Dr Chris at Belgium but have not read any negatives about him at all so I'm confident with him. Where are you from? I'm in South Yorkshire.

Hi im in the midlands
This sounda so stupid my bmi is just under 35
I have lots of probs but np medication for them
So im struggling to get it done .how much is your skeeve

My sleeve is 6,500 euros. To be honest I was surprised (delighted actually!!) when I was offered the sleeve, I thought I would only be allowed a band. Maybe my health issues swayed it, I think they must have to follow strict guidelines. Have you spoke to Belgium Surgery Services?

Back