• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

private surgery in belgium

Hi

I had a RNY gastric bypass with Dr Chris in March last year...I have no regrets whatsoever. I arrived on Monday, surgery on Tuesday, discharged on Thursday and travelled back on Saturday...the time in hospital varies according to the surgery you have. The hospital is great, the hotel is a five minute walk away. Dr Chris and his team are amazing. My surgery (the most expensive option) cost less than £7000...it depends on the exchange rate at the time.

Hope this helps

Lynn x
Hi Lynn did you take out a private medical insurance . I've looked at medical shield but it does not cover you for the op ?
So I'm a bit stuck what to do
Hope you don't mind me contacting you

No I did not take out insurance...I think it is quite hard to find insurance for a specific procedure. I made sure I took my EHIC card with me

Lynn x

hi everyone I am new bee and I am considering going to Brussels for a sleeve .could any one recommend a good surgeon and how to go about it.am 40 this year and I need a change.

I could not fault Dr Chris. Had surgery with him in April. Both him & his team are fantastic. Very well kept hospital and the staff cannot do enough for you. I would not hesitate to recommend them at all.

I had a MGB which cost around €7000. Was in hospital for 2 nights and agreed I could return to the UK a day early. Best of luck whatever you may decide!

Hi Tia -was your surgery with Dr Chris through Belgium Surgery Services or Europe Surgery?
Thanks xxx

Hi, just found this website. I too am going to Dr Chris in Belgium for surgery (gastric sleeve) on 8th November 2016. I have not heard any adverse reports about him. What surgery are you having and do you have a date yet?
Hi there I am considering a gastric sleeve with Dr Chris in September. Do you mind me asking how you found the experience and how has the sleeve worked for you. Many Thanks

Hey Pamie

I haven't had my surgery yet, it's next week eek! But I'm using Dr Chris too, heard so many good things about him

Hey Pamie

I haven't had my surgery yet, it's next week eek! But I'm using Dr Chris too, heard so many good things about him
Hi Barne,
Great news and good luck with the surgery. I just paid my deposit today and am having the sleeve as well with Dr Chris. Surgery is scheduled for the 26 th of September. Gulp!!Please let me know how you get on!!xx

Hi there I am considering a gastric sleeve with Dr Chris in September. Do you mind me asking how you found the experience and how has the sleeve worked for you. Many Thanks
Hi, I went to theatre but the operation had to be aborted due to Dr Chris finding a large hiatus hernia. He told me afterwards that gastric surgery was not advisable. However I have spoken with 2 surgeons recently who disagree. I am seeing a consultant in the UK in a couple of weeks hoping he will agree to do a bypass.

That sucks! I assume you got most of your money back because they couldn't do the surgery?

Fingers crossed for you that you can have it done in the UK!
I'm terrified of something like this happening to me, I can't afford to get it done in the UK so this is pretty much my only shot!

That sucks! I assume you got most of your money back because they couldn't do the surgery?

Fingers crossed for you that you can have it done in the UK!
I'm terrified of something like this happening to me, I can't afford to get it done in the UK so this is pretty much my only shot!
I'm sure you'll be fine, I had a good idea before surgery that I had this and was taking medication for it but refused to go for gastroscopy not knowing I would be going in for gastric surgery at that time. The hospital is first class. I got a good portion of my money back but they still had all the costs ie theatre, nursing care, hospital stay, etc. Good luck with yours!

Ah I'm glad to hear the hospital and treatment was good.

Got my fingers crossed for you for when you see the consultant in the UK

Back