• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Progress at last!!!

Su2ie

I hAve been feeling in limbo for a while now. Went to the seminar at Sunderland in October, saw the dietician in November then nothing for 6 months!!!
I've made my weight loss target and have been obsessively checking the post for my next appointment.
While waiting I stopped visiting the forum and started to think maybe it wasn't going to happen or it wasn't a good idea. Just when I was on the verge of giving up (and starting to lose the will on my weight loss once again!) I have finally got my appointment with the surgeon - Yay!! Apparently I'm to see Mr Balapuri or one of his team on 16th June.

Anyone else at Sunderland know how long it is from seeing the surgeon to having the op??

Well done hunni and gl :) never give up..... the wheels keep turning slowly, slowly but you will get there I promise :) I'm in Cornwall and once i saw the surgeon and his team it was about 18 weeks (18 weeks should be tops once your put on the list) That's provided there's else to sort out before hand. Wishing you all the best, keep up with the weight loss hunni it will so be worth it :) x x x

Great news on a huge step forward!! Xx

Hi Su2ie,

Great news on your appointment with the surgeon!
I am also at Sunderland but just starting my journey so can't answer your time scale question. I just wanted to say good luck for your appointment :)

Hi

There was someone from Sunderland who transferred to NTGH at my last appointment on 12th May. The seminar for post-op meals and the pre-op Liver Diet.

Their waiting time is longer than ours so some have asked to move to try to get up the list quicker.

I'm just waiting for my date now (whilst biting my nails). All appointments done. Pre-op done. Endoscopy done. Saw the surgeon in April and he said '6-8 weeks and this will all be done and dusted'. I'm hoping so as that means I'm getting my date any time soon.

Hope things move quickly for you.

fab news on the date if they list you it should be within 18 weeks thats the new criteria set under nhs england

I hAve been feeling in limbo for a while now. Went to the seminar at Sunderland in October, saw the dietician in November then nothing for 6 months!!! I've made my weight loss target and have been obsessively checking the post for my next appointment. While waiting I stopped visiting the forum and started to think maybe it wasn't going to happen or it wasn't a good idea. Just when I was on the verge of giving up (and starting to lose the will on my weight loss once again!) I have finally got my appointment with the surgeon - Yay!! Apparently I'm to see Mr Balapuri or one of his team on 16th June. Anyone else at Sunderland know how long it is from seeing the surgeon to having the op??

After seeing the surgeon you'll get an appointment for the endoscopy the rules are the op has to be within 6 month of that but my op was 12 weeks after that :) exciting times x

Thanks everyone.

Feels a big step closer to becoming real now - exciting and scary all at the same time!!

I've been dying to talk about it today but don't really want people at work to know so feels a bit odd. Thankfully my husband is really supportive so can talk about it at home, otherwise I might just pop!!!

Hi There was someone from Sunderland who transferred to NTGH at my last appointment on 12th May. The seminar for post-op meals and the pre-op Liver Diet. Their waiting time is longer than ours so some have asked to move to try to get up the list quicker. I'm just waiting for my date now (whilst biting my nails). All appointments done. Pre-op done. Endoscopy done. Saw the surgeon in April and he said '6-8 weeks and this will all be done and dusted'. I'm hoping so as that means I'm getting my date any time soon. Hope things move quickly for you.

How exciting Mrs Z!!!! Hope you get your date soon, the waiting is a killer isn't it!!! Good luck with everything x

Hi Su2ie

I haven't told many people. I'm waiting until it's really, real (if you know what I mean) and then I'll tell people. My husband is really supportive but would love me whatever size - he can't understand its health rather than vanity. Thinks I just want to be 'thin'. My son, who is 24, is the one asking all the questions and being massive supportive.

The waiting is the hardest part. There are appointments all the way along so you do feel like you are getting somewhere.

Good luck on your journey.

It is good when you have support and the appointments definitely mark the journey and you can look back at the battle and see how far you have come I wish you all good luck and look forward to being on the losers bench myself looking forward to the pre op diet so I can count the days down till op day :)

Back